Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Electra townie 7d

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Electra townie 7d

Old 04-10-22, 03:43 PM
macadam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Electra townie 7d

Greetings!

Spring is here and I am looking for a bike to get around town and get some exercise at the same time. I've come across the Electra Townie 7D (not the model that is e-bike). I'm new to this and I am reaching out for some help. Can you please tell me the pros and cons of the cruiser bike, in general, and the Townie in particular? Is this a good bike? I am looking at purchasing new at regular price. So I just want to be sure ihat it is worthwhile before deciding.

Thanks in advance,
Terrence
Likes For macadam:
Old 04-17-22, 10:28 AM
UnCruel 

Bikes: Trek Émonda SL 5, Trek Checkpoint SL 5, Giant Trance X 2, Trek Farley

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 50 Posts
I believe the main advantage of a cruiser is riding comfort. The rider sits in a very upright position, and not as high. They also tend to come with fairly wide seats. They have a certain style. They come in a broad range of sizes for every size rider. They are typically in a price class for casual riders.

The main disadvantage is that they don't make particularly efficient use of a rider's power. They also tend to be a bit on the heavier side. You won't be racing a cruiser, and the exercise benefits will be more toward lower intensity.

The 7D has seven speeds (the most in Trek's Electra line), which accommodates a broader range of hill climbing and cruising speed. They also have hand brakes, to which you may be more accustomed.
Likes For UnCruel:
Old 04-17-22, 07:11 PM
macadam

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thank you. Very helpful. I appreciate it!
Old 04-21-22, 09:21 PM
macadam

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Update - electra townie 7d post

Thanks to those who have responded to my thread. I wanted to update you on my progress. I have decided to go with a Townie GO 5i instead. I know, that's a significant change!
Likes For macadam: