Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Pedals to Crank arm sizing

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Pedals to Crank arm sizing

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-22, 03:00 PM
damnbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
It seems the left replacement pedal has little grooves where you would put the wrench.

Also, i should be able to just hold the pedal still by where you put the wrench, and pedal backwards, and it will tighten, then i know i have the correct side.
Old 05-21-22, 11:00 PM
jccaclimber

Bikes: n, I would like n+1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 108 Posts
Since I haven’t seen it yet in this thread, a good rule both for those experienced and for those just beginning is to install all threaded items 90% of the way in BY HAND, ie without any tools. It won’t stop you from stripping a left hand thread on removal, but it will stop you from cross threading or otherwise damaging threads on install. If you can’t get it started and well on its way by hand then stop, clean things up, and try again. If that doesn’t work, it’s time to seek further expertise before damaging something.