Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Stephen's Introduction

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Stephen's Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-20, 05:16 PM
Bikeboystephen
Dog Dad

Bikes: 1995 Giant ATX 760, 1997 CAAD3 R800, 2017 Trek Marlin 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Greetings from Kansas City!

Hi all, as quarantine has been taking a toll on most of us, I have used bicycles as my primary form of entertainment. I have been picking up free bicycles on Craigslist in my area as well as from my neighborhood and surrounding neighborhood. I have picked up a little over 40 bicycles and done my best to both add to my own collection and spread bikes around to new homes. I've picked up anywhere from 1970s Japanese bikes like mizutani or Taiwanese made Nishiki and Raleigh, but I have picked up a fair number of early 90s mountain bikes including a few Schwinn, Giant, Specialized, and Univega. There have been a few racing bikes such as a Falcon and a Cannondale in there as well. I look forward to sharing a lot of pictures when I reach my mark!!! I'm really enjoying the entire process of getting each new bike and learning as much about them as possible. Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a great day

Greetings from Kansas City, Go Chiefs

Last edited by Bikeboystephen; 06-22-20 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Felt the need to add a location!
Old 06-22-20, 06:05 PM
lneves

Bikes: Trek Multitrack 750 - 1991; Peugeot PX60 - 1962; Giant T-Rack 1993 (mtb)

Liked 16 Times in 3 Posts
Welcome!
Looking forward to seeing your collection!
Old 06-22-20, 11:52 PM
k_ladoga

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just found an old Mongoose today and it got me interested in the restoration of bicycles but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Any advice for a newbie?
Old 06-23-20, 02:01 PM
Bikeboystephen
Dog Dad

Bikes: 1995 Giant ATX 760, 1997 CAAD3 R800, 2017 Trek Marlin 6

Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by k_ladoga
I just found an old Mongoose today and it got me interested in the restoration of bicycles but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Any advice for a newbie?
I would say YouTube has been a big friend of mine, ParkTool especially has a lot of great videos. Don't be afraid to go in there and change things around either, make it your own bike and have fun with it. I would check out other forums or look up "how to date mongoose bikes" so that you can find out more about the specific bike you're working on. You'll find a lot of good information on these forums, but the forum search tool is hard to use. Good luck and start cranking