Notices
Mountain - Plains Colorado | Kansas | Missouri | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

South KC

Old 04-18-20, 12:59 AM
Athousandpins

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
South KC

Either mtb or road bike anywhere in or around KC MO. Anyone looking to ride with anyone? I'm not a crazy racer or anything. I'm pretty new to the area and don't really know the trails. But, I do know some decently long road bike routes that are safe and average 20 to around 35 miles
Old 06-29-20, 11:31 AM
Bikeboystephen
Dog Dad

Bikes: 1995 Giant ATX 760, 1997 CAAD3 R800, 2017 Trek Marlin 6

Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
I use "Alltrails" (an app) to try to find trails, but I also know of www.mtbproject.com having some resources if you're looking to find more trails. Unfortunately, I don't like many of the mountain bike trails around here because they're too rocky and most lack any rhythm. There are a few in swope park that are too rocky for me and some in Shawnee mission park that have a little more rhythm. I think there are some other trails on the Missouri side around some lakes but I'm not sure
Old 06-29-20, 11:42 AM
Bikeboystephen
Dog Dad

MTB in KC

Hi, I've used "Alltrails" (an app) and mtbproject (a website) to find bike trails locally. There's some in Swope Park that I find too rocky, and same goes with Shawnee Mission Park. There are some with more rhythm than others but overall I find KC MTB trails too rocky. I believe there are some good trails around lakes around here with a lot less rock but also less incline change. It all depends on what you're looking for
Old 06-30-20, 02:05 PM
Athousandpins

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikeboystephen
Hi, I've used "Alltrails" (an app) and mtbproject (a website) to find bike trails locally. There's some in Swope Park that I find too rocky, and same goes with Shawnee Mission Park. There are some with more rhythm than others but overall I find KC MTB trails too rocky. I believe there are some good trails around lakes around here with a lot less rock but also less incline change. It all depends on what you're looking for
Cool, thanks. Yeah I live real close to swope park, like you I find the trails too rocky and slow. Not just at swope which has some flowey riding.
Old 07-05-20, 10:44 PM
Bikeboystephen
Dog Dad

Originally Posted by Athousandpins
Cool, thanks. Yeah I live real close to swope park, like you I find the trails too rocky and slow. Not just at swope which has some flowey riding.
Are you looking for trails with a higher vertical grade or more flat trails?
Old 05-22-21, 11:25 AM
Cattriker55

Bikes: Catrike Expedition, Bacchetta Carbon Trike

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
More the merrier

Originally Posted by Athousandpins
Either mtb or road bike anywhere in or around KC MO. Anyone looking to ride with anyone? I'm not a crazy racer or anything. I'm pretty new to the area and don't really know the trails. But, I do know some decently long road bike routes that are safe and average 20 to around 35 miles
We have friends that come ride with us from Colombia, MO and a few other places. I'm a bit farther south than you....around Hillsdale Lake. We do a lot of 40-50 mile rides with inclines of about 1500. A couple of us ride Carbon Trikes and have a blistering pace of 13-14mph. Most of our longer rides are on Friday's, but since it is light so late, weekday evening work too.