Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Speed limit in Rouvy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-22, 07:06 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
Speed limit in Rouvy?

Today while doing my first ride in my latest selected challenge i came across an interesting thing, i apparently hit a speed limit while descending a hill. there was nothing i could do to exceed 44.7 MPH (72 KPH). never would have thought a speed limit would be imposed but pretty sure it was there. i hit it a few times and nothing i could do would exceed it. i sort of get a speed limit but i've hit just over 50 MPH in real life so why they'd set it here is odd.
Old 03-05-22, 10:27 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Yes that's the limit. Downhill speeds in virtual cycling are dumb anyway on most platforms since you corner on rails. Most likely it's imposed so the video frames can keep up.
Likes For surak:
Old 03-06-22, 02:05 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,828 Times in 2,984 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Yes that's the limit. Downhill speeds in virtual cycling are dumb anyway on most platforms since you corner on rails. Most likely it's imposed so the video frames can keep up.
Yeah, I believe RGT is the only app that has any kind of realistic management of downhill speeds i.e. braking for sharp corners etc. The rest just apply the laws of gravity! I hadn't noticed the speed limit in Rouvy. When the frame rate can't keep up, my avatar zooms ahead on the road, sometimes out of sight.
Old 03-06-22, 07:39 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
The thing is...the frame rate does not keep up. like PeteHski said, go fast enough and your avatar disappears until you finally slow enough for the frame rate to catch up. i've also had my avatar disappear at slower rates than 44.7, quite often it will happen when the driver hits a red light and must slow down but i keep on going. he finally makes the turn but i will be nowhere to be seen.

I do like how RGT imposes a speed limit that is more realistic. barreling down the descent i did yesterday i should be either in the hospital or in a grave were that for real.