Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Rouvy

Old 07-17-20, 04:24 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
Rouvy

I've been doing a 2 week free trial of Rouvy, been using Zwift for 4 years now. Rouvy's major claim to fame is you are cycling through videos of real world places vs. computer generated graphic representations.

It is very easy to use, the road feel is more realistic and the video view is a nice change and certainly more realistic. The down side of that is often (like in real life) you are riding through some pretty non-scenic stretches of roads! After car-free Zwift, it is pretty odd to have cars pass you, as well.

I like the user interface but part of the clean screen is because there is not texting of other riders - those messages on the screen in group rides are often very amusing or at least provide a nice distraction.

I did a beta test of a "spin" class on Rouvy, where we had to join a Google Meets group to hear/see the instructor and there was 9 of us cycling on the course. But, there was no "erg mode" so, the instructor saying "go to zone 4" might happen on a downhill with low resistance and "go back to Zone 2" at an uphill. There was no rubber banding, like in group workouts on Zwift, so the group split up pretty quickly.

In my other rides, I'm the only cyclist on the road - again, kinda realistic but that riding with others on Zwift also provides a distraction.

I think I'll stick with Zwift, but for those that don't like Zwift, definitely a viable alternative.
Old 07-17-20, 01:15 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
I use Rouvy because it's cheaper by a bunch (like, half) and my legs only know how hard they're working; I watch Netflix while the workout goes. It's great for that.
Old 07-18-20, 06:44 AM
oldwinger14

Bikes: 2022 Pinarello Paris Di2, 2016 Orbea Avant Ultegra mounted on a Wahoo Kickr Core

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 75 Posts
I tried both Zwift and Rouvy, and decided that Rouvy was a better choice for me. Others may feel tge same way, while others may feel Zwift is better for them. It all depends on what you hope to achieve using the training software.

I ride alone the vast majority of the time and do it for recreation and better fitness. I was not that interested in riding against others, although Rouvy depicts other riders that are on the same route as you. And, the video quality of the rides all around the world are great. I have my Wahoo Kickr Core and the Rouvy app linked together with my phone connected to a TV to make it very realistic to be riding worldwide. When outdoor riding ends here in the Northeast later this year, I will definitely reactivate my Rouvy subscription.
Old 08-10-20, 09:05 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4199 Post(s)
Liked 2,914 Times in 1,782 Posts
I'm a bit of a chaser in that I'm more motivated when there are real people in front of me to try to catch up with when riding online (oddly, in the real world, I prefer to be out riding solo), so I guess Zwift is it for me for now (at least until they raise the price again).
Likes For himespau:
Old 08-11-20, 07:34 AM
oldwinger14

Bikes: 2022 Pinarello Paris Di2, 2016 Orbea Avant Ultegra mounted on a Wahoo Kickr Core

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 75 Posts
Rouvy has animated representation(s) of other riders if there are others riding the same course you are riding. Sometimes no other Rouvy users are on the route I am doing, while other times I will see riders behind and/or ahead of me. In one section of the screen it will display how far ahead of or behind you the other riders are. As the distances between you and the other riders change, that displayed info dynamically changes.
Old 08-12-20, 04:01 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
Got the email below from Rouvy, looks like adding drafting and other features and changing pricing:

Dear ROUVY Rider,

We’ve had many exciting years at ROUVY, but for me, none so thrilling as 2020. If you asked me to describe this year so far, I would say it is a year full of learning.

The world seems to have changed overnight, but our goal remains the same - putting a real indoor cycling experience into the center of what we do.

When I was studying, I loved going out with friends for a ride, competing with my mates outside or simply exploring new places. To have this feeling at any time was mine and my brother’s vision when we were writing the first lines of the ROUVY app code. Today, the app allows you to travel the world from your living room, with friends from around the world, even if it is raining outside, already dark or there is simply too much traffic.

With ROUVY AR, iconic destinations that you may never travel to in real life became even more exciting and realistic. I am glad that at the beginning of the year, we were able to share this excitement with many professional riders that took part in “The Digital Swiss 5” racing series organised with the Tour de Suisse.

Gathering feedback from professional riders has helped us to understand what is missing from ROUVY when riding in a group. Drafting was one of the key discussion topics with the PRO riders, as you can feel a real difference when riding with your mates in a peloton. You can enjoy this feature soon, set for release at the beginning of the ROUVY season. In the meantime, look forward to a series of drafting races!

Becoming the official cycling platform for the IRONMAN races has opened our eyes to new ideas within racing itself. Time-Trial bikes with new aerodynamics or regular weekly races are great examples of how the athletic community can join together.

I believe that every athlete’s goal is to improve performance whilst having fun along the way. This is the same for us, the ROUVY Team - we are powered by constant improvement of the app that makes your sport activities fun.
We put you, avid athletes, explorers, into the heart of everything we do.

I admit, not everything always goes according to our plans and time schedules. The ANT+ support for ROUVY AR is long overdue and I am happy that we finally finished the implementation for this and the feature will be released as public beta on August 19th.

To be able to work on desired features, we need resources that would allow us to grow our team. In the last 21 months, Whilst ROUVY AR has been uncharged, we have introduced over 130 AR routes, new avatars with custom jerseys, new races with our partners and much more.

To manage sustainable development, we feel the need for the introduction of a subscription plan for ROUVY AR and an update of the existing pricing plans. That is why, after 21 months of keeping ROUVY AR free of charge, we are now introducing a subscription plan.
We are at the start of a new era for ROUVY and we would have never been able to achieve this without you. We value the relationship that you have with us and your loyalty. ROUVY is made up by people passionate for sports, whether in the ROUVY office or you, the rider on the road.

We want to keep moving with you towards more roads and features and we count on your support. Only together can we build something extraordinary!

Thank you.

Petr Samek, CEO

Old 01-07-21, 01:42 PM
mfreeze5

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Speed Sensor Problem

I am new to Rouvy and I can get my Moofit cadence sensor to connect but when I go to power it sees my Moofit Speed sensor but it says I can't use it.

I am dead in the water if it won't connect. I am using a simple trainer on my bike.
Old 01-07-21, 02:35 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by mfreeze5
I am new to Rouvy and I can get my Moofit cadence sensor to connect but when I go to power it sees my Moofit Speed sensor but it says I can't use it.

I am dead in the water if it won't connect. I am
using a simple trainer on my bike.
That's because a speed sensor isn't a power sensor. Are you using the Workouts app or AR? What trainer did you pick in the settings?
Old 01-07-21, 03:19 PM
mfreeze5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
That's because a speed sensor isn't a power sensor. Are you using the Workouts app or AR? What trainer did you pick in the settings?
I believe it was AR. Which of the 5 connection settings would I use?
Old 01-07-21, 03:24 PM
mfreeze5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know it would not go in Heart Rate Or Cadence or Controllable, so what else besides Power?
Old 01-07-21, 03:26 PM
mfreeze5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I go to Speed Sensor, Moofit is not listed. Do I just try one of those???
Old 01-07-21, 03:31 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

I believe it was AR. Which of the 5 connection settings would I use?
You're better off using Workouts. The AR app is missing many features and the UI is lacking. On Workouts you should be able to pair the speed sensor as a speed sensor, ideally with the actual trainer you have if it's supported. I've never tried an unsupported trainer or picking an arbitrary trainer if yours isn't on their list, but theoretically any classic, non-smart trainer would work with the speed sensor, just without knowing if the in-app speed will be accurate. If you do have a supported trainer, that makes it easier to be in the right ballpark.
Old 01-07-21, 03:41 PM
surak

If I go to Speed Sensor, Moofit is not listed. Do I just try one of
those???
It might not be listed if it only supports one of ANT+ or Bluetooth but not the other and your device only supports one of the two, or if your device only has Bluetooth and another app already paired to the sensor. Or your sensor could be a dud, I've never heard of Moofit so don't know anything about that. I just saw DC Rainmaker write about how fake sensors were actually a thing, although there's no reason to think if you didn't buy an impossibly cheap purported power sensor that it would be the case.
Old 01-07-21, 04:01 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts

I am dead in the water if it won't connect. I am using a simple trainer on my bike.

Did you download and install both pieces of software? Worksouts and AR? I did not do that when I first stated using it. Realized I need to have the workouts installed which would launch the AR segments.

Old 01-07-21, 05:13 PM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
You can run just the AR app. No need for the workout app. The workout app is the old app before the current company owning Rouvy now bought it. The workout part of the AR app should be integrated the first half of this year.
Old 01-07-21, 05:19 PM
Het Volk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
I am just going to get both. For days I want to "chase" riders....Zwift. For days I want to do long climbs or interesting routes, Rouvy
Likes For Het Volk:
Old 01-10-21, 10:44 AM
elfrances

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem with Rouvy's Virtual Route Editor app

I'm new to Rouvy, still in the free trial period. One of the things I like about Rouvy is the ability to create a virtual route with your own video and associated gps track, so that you can re-ride a route as many times as you want. But the latest version 3.6.6690 seems to have a serious bug. When I try to import the FIT for the activity from my Garmin Edge 520 Plus, the app throws an "unhandled exception" error stating the data format is not supported. However, the import dialog explicitly states that FIT files are indeed supported. I have tried to contact Rouvy's customer support for several days now, but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-21, 01:24 PM
Ed Wiser

If you are on Facebook join the Rouvy athletes group. Several members are amount the most popular authors of routes on Rouvy. An ask your question there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rouvy/?ref=share
Old 01-10-21, 06:45 PM
elfrances

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Ed!
Old 02-25-21, 05:13 AM
stoobydale

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, can someone help me out please? I have started the 2 week trial of Rouvy moving from BKool and Perf|Pro but I have an issue where the video doesn't play, even after I have downloaded it. When I press the video icon I just get a black screen, I can't find an answer anywhere. I am using Win7 Professional on an i5 desktop with a GeForce 710 graphics card. Thought the spec should be good enough although a bit dated.
Old 02-25-21, 08:55 AM
Ed Wiser

This was posted on the Rouvy forum on Facebook by a user that had this problem. An how he fixed it.
Good Day All Rouvy Members,

For those still experiencing BLACK SCREEN or NO VIDEO issue every time updated to a new version on Windows 10 64 bit machine. Myself have encounter this problem previously and every time have to downgrade to 1.2.2.

Found out the main problem causes this, is the VIDEO CARD. Go to Device Manager, if you have 2 Display Adapters, try to disable one of them. In my case, AMD Radeon is Disable. So far this setting work for me and doesn't effect any other application on my machine. Every new update goes smoothly.

Try this solution. Hope this helps.

[img]blob:https://www.bikeforums.net/02548806-a87e-49b8-b871-4079c8287f32[/img]
Old 02-25-21, 04:08 PM
stoobydale

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Ed, will give it a go later.
Old 02-26-21, 09:35 AM
Ed Wiser

Hope it helps
Old 02-27-21, 05:03 PM
Danhedonia

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 95 Posts
I have some very strong opinions about how Zwift and Rouvy just don't seem like full-fledged software companies. No game company would ever have such glitchy software and not face either insurrection from users or quick obscurity.

Given that both charge above $10/monthly, it just doesn't sit well with me at all. It's especially galling that Eric Min makes the media rounds boasting about the capital they've raised, and still has a pretty buggy program out there.

That said, I love riding in Rouvy. Just the best road-feel of all of them.

If only I could figure out how to do something other than load up a route and ride it on AR ....
Old 02-28-21, 02:32 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Danhedonia

That said, I love riding in Rouvy. Just the best road-feel of all of them.

If only I could figure out how to do something other than load up a route and ride it on AR ....
I too settled on Rouvy and really enjoy the Ironman routes. One thing that would be a great add on would be the ability to filter routes by live riders. Depending on your mood it would be great to not have to load a ride before you can see how many people are on the route. I have to imagine this is doable with the software involved.
Likes For kayakindude:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.