Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Syncing old ride records to modern platforms

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 12-16-21, 10:35 PM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts

What started as a little debate with my wife about how much I rode (or didn't) when our kids were really little (I say it was a tiny amount) compared to now got me thinking...
​​​​​​I don't have all that data in a central place but kind of a data hoarder

Unfortunately for her I didn't have a GPS unit then so that data is lost. She'll just have to take my word for it. My poor physique now is because I decided to forego cycling during those formative child growing up years and be really involved. (Yes, that's tongue in cheek)

In the past few years, I've had a Lezyne SuperGPS and now a Sigma Rox 12. My Lezyne synced to their cloud and all my rides are still there--but I never go there. My Sigma syncs to Komoot (unlocked the world) but only within the last year have I also started syncing to Strava. On top of this I ride Rouvy and those rides are synced to their website as well as Strava.

I don't really care about the social aspect of Strava and just have the free account, but it seems like the clear winner for me to consolidate all my old ride data to although I like Komoot the best for ride planning. Komoot doesn't have that extra "workout" analysis that Strava provides.

To get to the point, I'm looking at having to export all my old fit or gpx files from Lezyne and Komoot and uploading them to Strava. I have not done this and was wondering if any of you know of a semi-automated way of doing it. Otherwise I'll see if it's an activity I can do while I'm doing my next indoor session on Rouvy.

Thanks
Paul
Old 12-17-21, 05:36 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Does Lezyne talk to Strava the way many other GPS manufacturers do? If so, I'd think you just need to connect the accounts, and then the process should be automatic.
Likes For Badger6:
Old 12-17-21, 07:07 AM
pennpaul

Originally Posted by Badger6
Does Lezyne talk to Strava the way many other GPS manufacturers do? If so, I'd think you just need to connect the accounts, and then the process should be automatic.

I haven't used the Lezyne website in years, but right next to each of my rides is a Sync with Strava button! Couldn't be easier! I actually like the Lezyne dashboard the best, too. Too bad.

Looks like for Komoot, it's going to be more manual.

Thanks,
Paul
Likes For pennpaul:
Old 12-17-21, 10:42 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
If you can get a .fit file or a .gpx file then you should be able to import them into Strava, RideWithGPS or any other site you want to put them on.

Just get them all in one folder on your computer, then use the sites manual upload to upload them. Once back in the "old" days the sites wanted me to upload them all individually one by one. However I got around that by putting them on my device. And then if would upload everyone that was new to the site. But since it was more data than my device could hold, I had to do it in several moves and deletions on the device. However I think that they now let you upload more than one ride at a time manually from your computer now. If you only have a smartphone, I don't know what to tell you.
Old 12-17-21, 03:23 PM
pennpaul

Originally Posted by Iride01

Just get them all in one folder on your computer, then use the sites manual upload to upload them. Once back in the "old" days the sites wanted me to upload them all individually one by one. However I got around that by putting them on my device. And then if would upload everyone that was new to the site. But since it was more data than my device could hold, I had to do it in several moves and deletions on the device. However I think that they now let you upload more than one ride at a time manually from your computer now. If you only have a smartphone, I don't know what to tell you.
Hmm, interested idea. The Lezyne website makes it pretty easy to sync to Strava. I don't think I recorded many rides solely through Komoot without the Lezyne, but doing it your way--exporting my Lezyne rides to GPX and then loading them to my Rox *may* then sync to both Komoot and Strava which would be doubly awesome.

If you need me, I'll be down the rabbit hole
Old 12-17-21, 03:56 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked 1,161 Times in 671 Posts
25 files at a shot.

Barry
Likes For Barry2: