Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area
Reload this Page >

Show Off your Track Training and Racing Bikes (2014+)

Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Show Off your Track Training and Racing Bikes (2014+)

Old 12-18-16, 05:47 PM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Totally off topic)
Ha!
It's easy to spot the architecture student

I don't miss those days (nights) at all, but good luck getting through them- the career is way more rewarding than the studying.

There are some pretty solid references for velodrome design if you are interested in actually getting after it as a project or for curiosity.
PM me if you are curious- it's a GREAT project for Rhino/NURBS based modelers- and the structural/section integration is cool.

Originally Posted by gycho77
Thanks!
I really hope that I could race more.
I am barely sleeping recently.
I usually sleep at 3am or 6am because of the projects.
I should find a way to train.....
Old 12-18-16, 05:53 PM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk

I also really like the short headtube/low toptube approach.
Seconded- there aren't many others doing that.
And yeah, BVV and COS ride super differently... I tweaked my position after a few sessions at BVV to handle the stresses better.

Discussion Question-
With the Omnium format changing, who is still going to be looking for a super-low HT bike to use in timed as well as mass start events?

I rode a particular bike because it fit the bill and I could get my pursuit position on it without an ErgoStem- but if I hadn't been worried about times events, I wouldn't have been on that bike at all...

A cannondale CAAD track or Langster obviously work just fine for mass-start stuff- even at high levels.
Old 12-18-16, 05:57 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
I think people are still gonna like bikes with short HTs. It leads to a flexible build. And, plenty of people want to keep the TT position available to them on the bike - there are probably more pursuiters, kiloists and TPers than there are omnium racers. I don't think we'll see a rise in bikes like the Dolan Seta, which is headtube city (and a decidedly unpopular attempt at making a mass-start-only enduro bike).
Old 12-18-16, 06:15 PM
gycho77

Bikes: Serotta steel track bike, Specialized MTB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hida Yanra
(Totally off topic)
Ha!
It's easy to spot the architecture student

I don't miss those days (nights) at all, but good luck getting through them- the career is way more rewarding than the studying.

There are some pretty solid references for velodrome design if you are interested in actually getting after it as a project or for curiosity.
PM me if you are curious- it's a GREAT project for Rhino/NURBS based modelers- and the structural/section integration is cool.
Awesome!!!
I would love to see the rihno file.
Anyway my winter break just started so I have plenty of time to look at the file.
Thank you!
Old 01-18-17, 07:56 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Evil robot 2017.

I was looking for a frame that had a hair less reach than my Langster Pro and after making a spreadsheet and checking it twice, there were a lot that fit the bill but a Planet-X popped up for a good deal pretty quickly.

I also wound up picking up a Corima disc wheel after my Zipp was shredded during some wheel-to-wheel contact, and after getting the Corima I started to get the itch for a matching 4-spoke front. Found one, and now it looks cool af.

I'll have to wait till May to see how it rides on a track, though.

Old 01-19-17, 12:54 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Evil robot 2017.

I was looking for a frame that had a hair less reach than my Langster Pro and after making a spreadsheet and checking it twice, there were a lot that fit the bill but a Planet-X popped up for a good deal pretty quickly.

I also wound up picking up a Corima disc wheel after my Zipp was shredded during some wheel-to-wheel contact, and after getting the Corima I started to get the itch for a matching 4-spoke front. Found one, and now it looks cool af.

I'll have to wait till May to see how it rides on a track, though.

Very nice. I think you are gonna like it. I also think it's gonna make a nice, deep, aggressive "woosh-woosh" sound when you start accelerating on it.
Old 01-19-17, 06:55 AM
dunderhi

Bikes: Little Wing, XTRACK, Electron Pro, SuperCorsa, Paramount, & Thunderdrome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Evil robot 2017.
Evil robot indeed. Very nice.
Old 01-19-17, 07:42 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Originally Posted by carleton
Very nice. I think you are gonna like it. I also think it's gonna make a nice, deep, aggressive "woosh-woosh" sound when you start accelerating on it.
even just spinning the front wheel in my hands I can hear the whoosh of the spokes. i'm pretty excited.

yeah, i think i'll like it ... fit trumps everything and a lot of small bikes still had long reach measurements. i know that there's general ambivalence about the planet-x frames but at 130lbs and with a surprisingly modest power output, i'm not too worried about flexing it - i figure those reports are from bigger, stronger people who bought it as an affordable carbon sprint bike and were disappointed.
Old 01-19-17, 12:47 PM
carleton
Elitist

even just spinning the front wheel in my hands I can hear the whoosh of the spokes. i'm pretty excited.

yeah, i think i'll like it ... fit trumps everything and a lot of small bikes still had long reach measurements. i know that there's general ambivalence about the planet-x frames but at 130lbs and with a surprisingly modest power output, i'm not too worried about flexing it - i figure those reports are from bigger, stronger people who bought it as an affordable carbon sprint bike and were disappointed.
Yeah, you'll be perfectly fine on it. You won't flex it and you'll still be faster than me.

I'm flexing my office chair right now
Old 01-24-17, 01:43 PM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
THAT is a great looking bike.

I liked the one I rode for a bit, and those 4spoke wheels seem to still work well (I am curious, as I haven't seen many people test them, but given an appropriate tyre width, there's no reason to think that they wouldn't - and you have the real but difficult to measure benefit of no flex from metal spokes)
Old 01-24-17, 01:57 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

i can report that it makes a cool noise and if i found a 4-spoke track rear i'd use that in a hurry cause it looks cool.

that said, i am looking forward to using aerolab to measure differences in cda between my FFWD wheels and these wheels. just outta curiousity. and because i ought to have something to measure if i'm going to learn how to use that.
Old 01-24-17, 07:11 PM
Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 58 Posts
Looking forward to your results on that four-spoke test. I've been using a Corima for years but was wondering if it's any good, aerodynamics-wise. They do look cool, but seem to be a bit old hat, don't see too many top riders using them. French team (Magne) used them in the early 2000-'s but that is a loooooooong time ago now.
Old 02-17-17, 02:56 PM
Poppit

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
My wife's DF4 and my Planet X

https://
Old 02-18-17, 01:53 AM
carleton
Elitist

Both are sweet.

Originally Posted by Poppit
Little known tidbit. If your wife is using that snub-nosed saddle to comply with the "5cm rule", she may be able to use a normal saddle.

Based on the size of that frame, I assume that your wife is shorter in height. Maybe enough to qualify for an "anthropomorphic exception" to that rule.

"Anthropomorphic exceptions" to the UCI rules are granted to people who are taller or shorter than average. A taller person would be allowed to have handlebars that reach further than normally allowed.
Old 02-18-17, 07:02 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

*morphological exemption.

an anthropomorphic exemption for your saddle would be when you, like, give your saddle a name and a personality.

Old 02-18-17, 07:50 AM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Doesn't everyone Queerpunk?
Old 02-18-17, 08:49 AM
Poppit

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Both are sweet.

Little known tidbit. If your wife is using that snub-nosed saddle to comply with the "5cm rule", she may be able to use a normal saddle.

Based on the size of that frame, I assume that your wife is shorter in height. Maybe enough to qualify for an "anthropomorphic exception" to that rule.

"Anthropomorphic exceptions" to the UCI rules are granted to people who are taller or shorter than average. A taller person would be allowed to have handlebars that reach further than normally allowed.
The photos were taken at an Omnium comp so a bit of a mash up on kit. We use the Tritones because they're better for pursuiting and she just kept it on for the bunch races. She doesn't need it to meet the regs as she's nowhere near 5cm where as I do.
Old 02-19-17, 02:07 AM
carleton
Elitist

*morphological exemption.

an anthropomorphic exemption for your saddle would be when you, like, give your saddle a name and a personality.

HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks for the correction.

Really...
Old 02-19-17, 03:54 AM
Muddlfuc

Bikes: BMC RM01, Focus Izarco, Inexa track, KHS SS MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well after 16months... my stolen track bike turned up on Gumtree (aussie Craig's list)
The cops helped me to recover it, i was pretty stoked... (even if i am 3 bikes on now)

the guy who had it bought it off the perp... so no charges, just lost his money.

It was all there except for the scatto bars.

Old 02-19-17, 04:57 AM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Congrats Muddlfuc!
Old 02-19-17, 12:00 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
I see a short flat bar. BURN IT!
Old 02-19-17, 12:04 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Congrats on finding your bike. I had a similar situation happen to me. It's nice to get your stuff back, even if you have moved on.
Old 02-19-17, 02:54 PM
carleton
Elitist

I think I confused anthropomorphic with animatronic.

I think need to stick to 3-syllables or less.
Old 02-19-17, 11:20 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

You did.

At least you didn't confuse it with someone suffering the ill effects of breathing volcanic dust - PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS

Last edited by taras0000; 02-19-17 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-27-17, 05:57 PM
krusty
Successful alcoholic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Godsight
Sadly I only know that ARG sports is the canadian distributor of Corima. I don't who is the USA distributor for Corima but it seems that you can buy them directly from Corima website
Took most of the winter off from the forums, so I'm a little late with this reply;

You can't buy directly from the website. You can try, but what ends up happening (in my experience) is that your purchase items get referred to your country's distributor, who will bring the items in and ship to you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.