Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Peel n stick masking stencils, I want to paint.

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-21, 06:00 PM
browndude3649

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Looked at squid bikes website, now I'd like to find vinyl stencils to add flare to a paint job. Anybody use ready made stencil masking shapes and logos?
Old 07-29-21, 06:22 PM
browndude3649

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I looked at a few of spray.bikes utoobs. And my wife will prolly buy herself a cricut, the nice one around black friday this year. I don't think they go on Sale at any other time of year.
Old 07-29-21, 06:30 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18373 Post(s)
Liked 4,508 Times in 3,351 Posts
For automobile work, shops often use narrow masking tape that can be pulled into the shapes they design.

I've seen videos of air brushing flames using a curved template not attached to the vehicle, although that may be difficult to use above a sharply curved tube.
Old 07-29-21, 09:47 PM
browndude3649

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
For automobile work, shops often use narrow masking tape that can be pulled into the shapes they design.

I've seen videos of air brushing flames using a curved template not attached to the vehicle, although that may be difficult to use above a sharply curved tube.
The saran wrap thing or flicking a brush full of paint ala jackson pollock will be my last resort. I've done masking tape like p8n stripes to separate colors. But I was hoping somebody that knows there way around one of those machines can make stencil shapes a bit easier but more detailed than pin stripes.
Old 07-29-21, 10:29 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18373 Post(s)
Liked 4,508 Times in 3,351 Posts
I've been wanting to purchase a laser cutter that could cut custom stencils, in particular reproducing text and graphics, some of which were done with horrible decals.
Old 07-30-21, 10:31 AM
browndude3649

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I've been wanting to purchase a laser cutter that could cut custom stencils, in particular reproducing text and graphics, some of which were done with horrible decals.
the Cricut machines supposedly cut balsa wood sheet dep on which one you buy, but grabbing free art n logos is another kettle of fish
Old 07-31-21, 01:11 PM
wesmamyke

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 76 Posts
You can do it all by hand if you want to get creative with some frisket and transfer film. If you have ever installed decals that come with backing/transfer paper on them, essentially that but made by hand.