Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Anyone try Time Atac Easy 10 Degree Cleats?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 05-07-21, 11:33 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2749 Post(s)
Liked 2,516 Times in 1,422 Posts

After 20 years on Frogs, they have been discontinued, and thus I am trying out a set of Time Atac pedals (I've got the XC6).

I mostly like them, but I do wish the release came with a little less rotation (I have them on the 13 degree configuration). These are still way more motion to get out of than the Frogs.

I was considering trying out the "Easy 10" cleats. Anyone try them that can compare them to the standard 13/17 cleats?

The Times have a certain amount (degrees) of free float, then a zone of increasing tension before releasing. Do the Easy 10 cleats decrease the amount of free float or do they decrease the amount of the zone were the tension is increasing before release? I am guessing the latter, but figured I would ask.

Also, I like the fact that even with the spring tension set low, you can't pull up out of the pedals. Are the Easy 10s the same way?

Thanks!
Old 05-07-21, 06:09 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
yep, love them. I am primarily a road rider, but I use ATAC pedals on my bikes and have used the Easy 10 cleats for years. If you can find them now, I would recommend them. Otherwise the 13\17's are great as well.

Likes For jaxgtr: