Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Two BF Utilitarians get their summer vacation splattered all over teh internets...

Search
Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Two BF Utilitarians get their summer vacation splattered all over teh internets...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-08, 08:56 PM
donnamb 
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

See what happens when you close your bike shop for a couple of weeks?? Idleness, I tell you...
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."
Old 08-08-08, 10:19 PM
tsl
Plays in traffic

Bikes: 1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax, 2016 Giant Talon 4

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Nice.

But IMHO, There's really no need for this camping stuff when there are perfectly good hotels around.

I just got back from riding the Front Range of the Rockies. Rode to the Amtrak station, put the bike into one of their bike boxes, took the train to Chicago, then to Denver. Unboxed the bike in Denver's Union Station, rode to the hotel. Rode around Denver for a day, then climbed Mt. Evans. (Okay, I SAGged to Echo Lake, then climbed the last 4,000 feet).

Rode to Loveland, did a weekend of riding there, then back to Denver, the train, and rode home from the station here in town.

Who says you can't be car-free and enjoy cross-country vacations?

Pic of my daily ride (My trusty Trek Portland) and me in my BikeForums.Net 50+ jersey at the summit of Mt. Evans

Last edited by tsl; 08-08-08 at 10:23 PM.