Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Double kick stand replacement tips

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 03-06-22, 09:37 PM
72andsunny

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Hi all, I’ve got a pretty heavy duty kickstand. The rubber feet are shot, which makes the tandem a little wobbly. The shop I bought it at keeps sending me Greenfield kickstand tips, which are way too small (maybe 7/16 of an inch).

I’m measuring the diameter at the foot to be 5/8” (about 16 mm). Anyone know where I can get a replacement foot in that size? I bought a pair of cane tips; they fit, but don’t hit the ground on the correct angle.

thanks!
Old 03-10-22, 11:31 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
What is the make and model of the kickstand? If it is unbranded you may have to take it to a bike co-op where a tech can just try stuff out on it. There is the option of using those tool handle dips but I have no idea how durable they are. Probably not very. Once you started down that route you might be renewing the material quite frequently.