Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

2003 Look KG386

Old 10-10-20, 03:17 PM
uselesskamel

Bikes: Look KG386

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 Look KG386

I have a 2003 Look KG386 with Campagnolo Record groupset and am debating selling it for a newer bike or just upgrading the groupset to a Record 12s. Currently it has an upgraded Ultra Torque Crank/BB from the square taper. I purchased it for $500, and was told that was a great deal by others, but have no idea what it is actually worth so don't know what to list it for if I sell. The bike is in great condition and I ride it everyday. (cant attach photos yet, but can send if requested)
Old 08-01-21, 02:21 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
I love my Look KG 386 with 11s Shimano 105 groupset. I got it for $400 in Japan because the seller thought the frame was broken at the rear brake support but in fact it was just that the nut was too long! I think it would have sold for about 1000 USD if properly advertised. I am not sure how the mech would effect the price because some like vintage to be vintage.

The only problems were that a bike shop could not find a frame number (Look support eventually informed me that the frame number is on the inside of the rear left dropout) and I am finding it a little difficult to find 1 inch seatposts and stems.

Last edited by timtak; 08-01-21 at 06:03 AM.