Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

9160 Di2 single button "hold down" function?

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 06-19-21, 06:40 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts

I saw a forum user on another forum post the following and I want to know the same thing. If this is true and there is a way to recover the function, I would buy single button 9160 for my extensions instead of using the two button model.

Parts being used are the single button Di2 brakes and single button 9160 extension shifters with e-tube.

Scenario:
I have one button di2 shifters on the tt bars and also on brake handles with synchro shift option.

I was on a long spin last week and the battery died. On synchro Before it died the left buttons on both the tt bar and brake handles when pressed moved the gears down and the right buttons moved the gears up. When it reached a specific gear on the rear cassette it would automatically jump to the big ring or vice versa

When on manual or semi synchro the same buttons follow as above but I could hold the right button down for a few secs to go from the small ring to big ring and left button to go down from big ring to small ring.

when the battery died this got out of synch so I resolved the synchro shift by applying the settings below on e tube

Left TT gear - shift rear down
Right TT gear - shift rear up

Left brake gear - shift rear down
Right brake gear - shift rear up

when I apply like this the manual or semi synchro options no longer allow me to shift to the big ring or small ring holding the buttons down and they just change gears on the rear cassette. When I changed this to shift front they would only shift front and not rear. (I was looking for a dual option but didn’t appear to be available on screen)

Anyone got advice on how I can restore the best of both worlds again?
Old 06-19-21, 08:49 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Load eTube project on your computer, connect up your bike and see what the heck is going on.

Though I'm not certain what you mean by best of both worlds. There are three worlds and you can only use one at a time.

Full manual, full synchro or semi synchro.