Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

I recorded the bike accident

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

I recorded the bike accident

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-20, 11:56 AM
Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

Bikes: Corelli Kr 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I dont understand why this was kept and posted. Its 10minutes of watching people slowly riding around a town at night and 30 seconds of someone mistakenly cutting in front of another cyclist and causing a crash. That sort of thing is hardly uncommon and it was quite uneventful when watching it.
Maybe I am missing something, but I just dont understand why the effort to upload the video to youtube and then to post it here was made.

I ride a few times a week with a group of teens- something dumb like this happens probably once a week for 5 months. Maybe I am desensitized to how bad/crazy/exciting the video was.
Get well soon. thank you for the comment. I like to share every moment ride a bike. In this video, I encountered an event that I did not encounter. I also usually drive slowly. Sometimes I drive fast.
Old 01-24-20, 11:16 AM
Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

Have you encountered this type of situation?
Likes For Mosyosalyangoz:
Old 01-24-20, 11:53 AM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 2,569 Times in 1,217 Posts
Saw another video you had that could have ended much worse, 46 seconds in...
Likes For curbtender:
Old 01-24-20, 12:33 PM
Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

Originally Posted by curbtender
Saw another video you had that could have ended much worse, 46 seconds in...
https://youtu.be/OGdtx2Y9jNk
Why?
Old 01-24-20, 02:14 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 2,569 Times in 1,217 Posts
Originally Posted by Mosyosalyangoz
Why?
The guy doing a u-turn in his car from the wrong side of the street? He about came across your path. Good reason to run with a light on your bike. I get pedestrians with ear phones that make quick turns in front of me a lot. I just expect it. But a car doing a u-turn into on coming traffic? That will get someone killed.
Likes For curbtender:
Old 01-24-20, 03:46 PM
Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

Originally Posted by curbtender
The guy doing a u-turn in his car from the wrong side of the street? He about came across your path. Good reason to run with a light on your bike. I get pedestrians with ear phones that make quick turns in front of me a lot. I just expect it. But a car doing a u-turn into on coming traffic? That will get someone killed.
Yes. I get it now. We started the cycling tour in the morning, but it happened in the evening. The car made a really dangerous turn, for traffic, for other cars, maybe we. These cases are normally covered in turkey, unfortunately. How is traffic where you live?
Old 01-31-20, 08:07 AM
Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

Edit: Luckily this age has come. If he had a car, he would probably be lying at home with a hip fracture, I think his uncle was drunk, look at it. You will take the bike from these hands. This person is one of those who do not even know how to ride a bicycle or walk on the sidewalk. He doesn't think of his own life ... if he had a car to his left and made me stay under the car? we didn't say anything because he was old, but a big mistake he made. I sent the video to some news sites. Uncle saved himself well, he might not have been so lucky if he came across the car. They are always throwing them in, if they don't share it with the world, then they will never have a problem. These are viewed through the eyes of unpleasantness, not accidents. If there is no blood, no cuts, and the ambulance will not be called, it is not counted from the accident. If the friend who does not raise his arm is not very nice, his words are unpleasant. If the mediterranean friends are involved, they are supported by a hand / arm movements and gestures, and then everyone looks at his own way and is uneventful. Uncle is making that move by relying on his ears. Thinking that nothing came from behind, he wanted to make a U-turn, he did not even bother to look back because there is no sound coming from behind. He said "The car is not coming" and started to turn around. Fortunately our speed is very low. an ordinary day in the middle east. those who do not want to wait can jump directly to 01:50
Likes For Mosyosalyangoz:
Old 03-03-20, 06:02 AM
Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

I hate u-turn!
Old 03-03-20, 06:54 AM
hillyman
WALSTIB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 384 Times in 183 Posts
I see two rookies doing a bump and run maneuver on a Wiley veteran to pass him and it went horribly wrong. Maybe I've watched too much NASCAR

Likes For hillyman:
Old 03-03-20, 08:45 AM
Mosyosalyangoz
Road Cyclist

Originally Posted by hillyman
I see two rookies doing a bump and run maneuver on a Wiley veteran to pass him and it went horribly wrong. Maybe I've watched too much NASCAR
i agree you.