Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Looking for local riders near Shepherdstown, WV

Notices
Mid-Atlantic Pennsylvania | Maryland | DC | Delaware | West Virginia | Virginia

Old 06-14-22, 07:59 PM
void_presence

Bikes: Diamondback Atroz 2; Marin Gestalt 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Greetings.
Now I don't have my new road bike yet (it's coming soon), and I do currently have a mountain bike (that I mainly use for road biking)...but.

I'm hoping to find some potential friends to ride with, probably mostly on the C&O Tow Path for now (I'm not comfortable with road riding yet, other than in town Shepherdstown).

I was briefly in a Facebook group for a local biking 'club', but all their riding events were either while I was working or out somewhere else in the county that I couldn't get to...as I don't have a car.
Old 06-18-22, 11:19 AM
pennpaul

Bikes: Diamondback Haanjo Trail, Fuji Team Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 46 Posts
I can't help you with ride, but you try to find a meetup or create one on meetup.com for your area
Old 02-09-23, 10:38 AM
fjifu

Bikes: 76 Fuji Gran Tourer, 80 Gran Tourer SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by void_presence
Greetings.
Now I don't have my new road bike yet (it's coming soon), and I do currently have a mountain bike (that I mainly use for road biking)...but.

I'm hoping to find some potential friends to ride with, probably mostly on the C&O Tow Path for now (I'm not comfortable with road riding yet, other than in town Shepherdstown).

I was briefly in a Facebook group for a local biking 'club', but all their riding events were either while I was working or out somewhere else in the county that I couldn't get to...as I don't have a car.
how did it go? any other non-offroad paths you can recommend nearby?