Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bushnell Eccentric and ISIS BB

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-22, 06:03 PM
New2Two

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Question for those that use the Bushnell Lightweight Eccentric and ISIS bottom bracket, do you experience any binding of the cranks? I just picked up the Bushnell Ecc. and when I tighten the eccentric, the ISIS bottom bracket axle does not spin as freely as when the eccentric is loose. I never had this with the wedge style eccentric. The bottom bracket is the Truvativ GigaPipe with aluminum cups. Would a BB with steel cups, such as the Origin8, prevent the binding?
Old 04-12-22, 05:44 AM
IPassGas

Bikes: Schwinn, Nishiki, Santana, Trek, Rodriguez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by New2Two
Question for those that use the Bushnell Lightweight Eccentric and ISIS bottom bracket, do you experience any binding of the cranks?
We have a rohloff and thus 2 bushnell eccentrics. We use square taper BB with never a problem, lasts many miles >15,000. Some ISIS BB makes have rather small bearings owing to the larger interface which causes much faster wear which may be your problem. Perhaps Rene Herse ISIS BB fixed that problem.