Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

I love my Trike so much I started a YouTube channel

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-16, 12:24 AM
Zinger5656

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have had a herniated disc in my back for over 20 years. Actually there probably isn't much disc left, and it doesn't hurt bad enough to warrant surgery (I've seen to many horror stories - Ill just deal with it). It is mostly awkward positions that are uncomfortable. I loved my mountain bike but could not ride for long periods of time.

Also, I recently have been told by my doctor I am pre-diabetic. I do not want to take a pill. So I started exercising. I want to lose weight, and get my heart healthy and manage diabetes without medicine if possible. My wife and I were walking one day and saw a recumbent bike and trike go by. I have seen them before, but never considered the benefit for my back.

We checked out The Bicycle Man in Alfred NY. I intended in spending $1000-1500, but after test riding a lot of the trikes in their store I decided to just get next years upgrade now (my wife's suggestion). I ended up with an HPVelotechnik Gekko FX20. I love it. It has been 4 weeks and I've put 300 miles on it already.

It is so much fun. WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS 10 YEARS AGO?!

I want to spread the word about Trikes so I started a new channel..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB...16zqyP0kG4EzxQ

For now I am concentrating on trail reviews and component reviews. I also want to answer questions about recumbents. I am a noob. Any coments on the videos, subscriptions or thumbs up would be appreciated
Old 08-18-16, 07:19 PM
Guntrainer

Bikes: Catrike 700

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HA! When I test rode my Cat 700, I wished I had ridden Trikes from Day One.

The only thing my DF bikes are good for now are spare parts. LOL
Old 08-19-16, 06:19 PM
Moe Zhoost
Half way there

Bikes: Many, and the list changes frequently

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 526 Posts
Good deal. Nice vids. The local trail angle is great. I've had my ICE trike for close to 2 years and have loved it.
Old 08-20-16, 12:10 PM
garysolo

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice job on the videos, Zinger! You picked the right guy to buy from as Peter sure knows his stuff. Enjoy the trike riding and keep those videos coming
Old 08-22-16, 05:38 AM
Zinger5656

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garysolo
Nice job on the videos, Zinger! You picked the right guy to buy from as Peter sure knows his stuff. Enjoy the trike riding and keep those videos coming
Thanks! I hope to be at Bicycle man in Sept for a tune up, but also get more test ride footage. I have a couple of vids in production this week
Old 08-25-16, 04:21 AM
stearman65

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm on my second trike, the first was a partial mobility Tracer, with fixed gears. I couldn't get on with the fixed gear, (too low) so after much research bought a Pashley TRi-1 in mint condition. It had been bought by the previous owner for his son who suffered from Autism & had a special saddle. I couldn't get on with the saddle, so I fitted a conventional gel covered sprung version & all was well. The reason for the trikes was the failure of my knees & an impending knee replacement, (one was clicking every step). However, after 4 weeks use & my confidence restoration, the clicking had disappeared & I craved a conventional folding 2 wheeler. So the trike is for sale, I have bought 1 Claud Butler Stratos, & from the funds accrued from the trike sale, will buy my wife a folding bike so we can ride off into the sunset together? I'm 76 she's 75.

Last edited by 10 Wheels; 08-25-16 at 06:34 AM. Reason: selling
Old 08-25-16, 06:32 AM
Zinger5656

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=stearman65;19009602]I'm on my second trike, the first was a partial mobility Tracer, with fixed gears. I couldn't get on with the fixed gear, (too low) so after much research bought a Pashley TRi-1 in mint condition. It had been bought by the previous owner for his son who suffered from Autism & had a special saddle. I couldn't get on with the saddle, so I fitted a conventional gel covered sprung version & all was well. The reason for the trikes was the failure of my knees & an impending knee replacement, (one was clicking every step). However, after 4 weeks use & my confidence restoration, the clicking had disappeared & I craved a conventional folding 2 wheeler. So the trike is for sale, I have bought 1 Claud Butler Stratos, & from the funds accrued from the trike sale, will buy my wife a folding bike so we can ride off into the sunset together? I'm 76 she's 75.

I would think that there is a different thread for this type of thing

Last edited by 10 Wheels; 08-25-16 at 06:35 AM. Reason: selling
Old 08-25-16, 06:36 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Originally Posted by stearman65
I'm on my second trike, the first was a partial mobility Tracer, with fixed gears. I couldn't get on with the fixed gear, (too low) so after much research bought a Pashley TRi-1 in mint condition. It had been bought by the previous owner for his son who suffered from Autism & had a special saddle. I couldn't get on with the saddle, so I fitted a conventional gel covered sprung version & all was well. The reason for the trikes was the failure of my knees & an impending knee replacement, (one was clicking every step). However, after 4 weeks use & my confidence restoration, the clicking had disappeared & I craved a conventional folding 2 wheeler. So the trike is for sale, I have bought 1 Claud Butler Stratos, & from the funds accrued from the trike sale, will buy my wife a folding bike so we can ride off into the sunset together? I'm 76 she's 75.
One needs to become a Paid Member to sell on BF.

https://www.bikeforums.net/payments.php?

Old 01-12-22, 03:10 PM
Genghis Kant

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The channel is down
Old 01-18-22, 01:24 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
I have a trike, but for now 2-wheeled recumbents fit my fun goals much better - they're faster, they roll easier, are easier to transport, and they mix with my friends on their uprights better.
Old 01-18-22, 04:44 PM
rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
I have a trike, but for now 2-wheeled recumbents fit my fun goals much better - they're faster, they roll easier, are easier to transport, and they mix with my friends on their uprights better.
I have both a recumbent bike and a trike. That means I have the best tool for the ride at hand.
Old 01-20-22, 06:36 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
One needs to become a Paid Member to sell on BF.

https://www.bikeforums.net/payments.php?
And anyway, neither the Pashley nor the Stratos are recumbents. So this is doubly the wrong place to post it.
Old 01-29-22, 09:06 AM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Humm when I clicked on your YouTube link I got a "This page has been closed due to several different violations?? Is the link correct? Thanks!
This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations.

Old 01-29-22, 11:06 AM
BlazingPedals

Originally Posted by bjjoondo
Humm when I clicked on your YouTube link I got a "This page has been closed due to several different violations?? Is the link correct? Thanks!
This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations.
Youtube has civility and disinformation policies and will take stuff down when they receive complaints. I can imagine that the video contained derogatory comments about upright riders and/or proselytization about recumbents which triggered a few complaints.
Likes For BlazingPedals: