Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

specialized sirrus vs trek fx geometry

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-22, 07:39 AM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

people that have ridden both the sirrus and fx bikes, which is more upright and longer reach ?

i have the fx bike, but sometimes feel , cramped and is a bit lower stack feeling, i 'm 6 feet , size large bike
Old 05-16-22, 07:50 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by Awesomeguy
people that have ridden both the sirrus and fx bikes, which is more upright and longer reach ?

i have the fx bike, but sometimes feel , cramped and is a bit lower stack feeling, i 'm 6 feet , size large bike
You really need to narrow things down a bit as there have been lots of "fx" models from the 7.1-7.9fx series and the newer fx2, fx3...series. Toss in the WSD versions and you have an additional set of top tube lengths. Sirrus has had many versions too.

You might do a search on on "Sirrus Comp geometry" or "Trek (some prefix)FX geometry" or "Trek FX(some suffix) geometry" and look at the effective top tube lengths, or stack and reach measurements if they are reported.

Trek data is readily available. Specialized data is out there, but more sporadic. The numbers (objective) comparing to what you have is a better estimate than someone's (of some height) random ride of some model of some year (subjective) estimate of how things "felt".
Old 05-16-22, 07:53 AM
Awesomeguy

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
You really need to narrow things down a bit as there have been lots of "fx" models from the 7.1-7.9fx series and the newer fx2, fx3...series. Toss in the WSD versions and you have an additional set of top tube lengths. Sirrus has had many versions too.

You might do a search on on "Sirrus Comp geometry" or "Trek (some prefix)FX geometry" or "Trek FX(some suffix) geometry" and look at the effective top tube lengths, or stack and reach measurements if they are reported.

Trek data is readily available. Specialized data is out there, but more sporadic. The numbers (objective) comparing to what you have is a better estimate than someone's (of some height) random ride of some model of some year (subjective) estimate of how things "felt".

sirrus 3.0 compared to trek fx3
Old 05-16-22, 05:38 PM
seat_boy

Bikes: Serial bike flipper

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 73 Posts
Specialized has a tiny bit more reach and a good amount more stack, as shown here.