Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Hemet Double Century

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Hemet Double Century

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 02:25 PM
az_cyclist

Bikes: Trek Domane 4.5, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hemet Double Century

Anyone riding the Hemet Double this Saturday? I have ridden it 3 times, the first in 2013. Met Rick@ OCRR then, and have seen him at the others as well.
Old 04-13-16, 09:47 PM
cccorlew
Erect member since 1953

Bikes: Trek 520 Grando, Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Ti Century Elite turned commuter, Some old French thing gone fixie

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 21 Posts
I rode that a while ago, and once was enough...
My ride report
Curtis Corlew in Bicycle Land: Hemet Double Century 2010

But it's a bike ride, so have fun!
Old 04-14-16, 11:03 AM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
I'm not going to be there this year Dwight; first time I've not been there for the double-century in a lot of years! No doubles for me this year or at least until I get this back pain issue sorted out.

Hemet is a friendly little double, pretty easy course with an excellent barbeque lunch and dinner. Not one of the big challenge doubles, but that's okay too.

Rick / OCRR
Old 04-17-16, 08:09 AM
az_cyclist

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
I'm not going to be there this year Dwight; first time I've not been there for the double-century in a lot of years! No doubles for me this year or at least until I get this back pain issue sorted out.

Hemet is a friendly little double, pretty easy course with an excellent barbeque lunch and dinner. Not one of the big challenge doubles, but that's okay too.

Rick / OCRR
sorry to hear about your back pain Rick. We rode a staff ride on Friday, then we covered sags on Saturday for the rice. I worked with Jim and Robin (and 2 others from Phoenix) at sag 3 in Petersen Park, the last one before lunch. It was windy !
Old 04-18-16, 02:54 PM
Rick@OCRR
www.ocrebels.com

Bikes: Several bikes, Road, Mountain, Commute, etc.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by az_cyclist
sorry to hear about your back pain Rick. We rode a staff ride on Friday, then we covered sags on Saturday for the rice. I worked with Jim and Robin (and 2 others from Phoenix) at sag 3 in Petersen Park, the last one before lunch. It was windy !
Thankfully my back is a bit better. While you were sagging Hemet I was climbing in the San Gabriel mountains; Hwy 39, East Fork, Glendora Ridge Road and Glendora mountain road. Only 58 miles but it was a decent ride with 6,300 ft. of climbing. Here it is on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/547492129

Rick / OCRR
Old 04-21-16, 09:47 AM
az_cyclist

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
Thankfully my back is a bit better. While you were sagging Hemet I was climbing in the San Gabriel mountains; Hwy 39, East Fork, Glendora Ridge Road and Glendora mountain road. Only 58 miles but it was a decent ride with 6,300 ft. of climbing. Here it is on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/547492129

Rick / OCRR
you have some great climbs in So Cal, Rick
Old 04-21-18, 07:21 PM
ZippyThePinhead
Slacker

Bikes: 1986 Peugeot Orient Express, 1987 Trek 560 Pro, 1983 SR Semi Pro, 2010 Motobecane Le Champion Titanium, 2011 Trek Fuel EX8

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Riding out to Tom's Farms in Corona this morning, we were passed by some folks with "Hemet DC" numbers, and when we caught up at a light (red lights, the great equalizers) I asked what they were doing. Hats off to them, it was toasty out there today. I only did about 60 miles but was glad to finish, as it was pushing 90°F out in the sunshine when I got back.
Old 04-22-18, 05:16 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Lately we have a group of about 15 riders that does a double century from the Piedmont area of NC to a beach in SC. It’s fairly flat (guessing 3000’ of climbing) and the group stays together. If the wind cooperates it’s the best double I’ve done......
Old 04-27-18, 11:58 AM
az_cyclist

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ZippyThePinhead
Riding out to Tom's Farms in Corona this morning, we were passed by some folks with "Hemet DC" numbers, and when we caught up at a light (red lights, the great equalizers) I asked what they were doing. Hats off to them, it was toasty out there today. I only did about 60 miles but was glad to finish, as it was pushing 90°F out in the sunshine when I got back.
The afternoon loop starts with a climb up Sage Rd. That was pretty warm. a bit of cloud cover helped while we were riding around Lake Elsinore from Temecula, but we still had a headwind. We finished about 8:15 pm, from an 0330 am start.