Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

What are Americans using to watch the race season?

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

What are Americans using to watch the race season?

Old 07-30-20, 02:06 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by Pemetic2006
I’m thinking of going with them too. Do you know if the races can be recorded?
They put up the recordings for the Vuelta a Burgos stages pretty quickly, which is good because no matter how early I've woken up this week, I've managed to catch the podium presentation live instead of the race every time (sucks being in PDT). I don't know which races they make replays available, even their FAQ is vague about that. There's no personal DVR function that I know of.
Old 08-31-20, 04:50 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Been sleeping through the TdF stages since I need the Zzz, so I'm not missing out on not having live coverage with only a FloBikes sub. I have enjoyed watching/listening to the stuff they do have in the post-race. Currently listening to the recording of Michael Woods & Svein Tuft live chatting during stage 2, and even without the race footage it's still very enlightening. Lots of insider knowledge being dropped, even into as much detail as Dani Martinez's TT CdA!
​​​​​​
Old 07-05-21, 04:24 PM
Fastfwd01

Bikes: 2015 Cervelo R5 Dura Ace, 2015 Cannondale Synapse 5 Disc 105, 2006 Cannondale F300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Peacock is only $4.99 a month. Includes 2 versions of the TDF. One is apparently the NBCSN (?) broadcast with commercials that is on US cable television and there is another version with no commercials and broadcasts every minute of the cycling without breaks that is maybe a European version with what sounds like commentators from Europe idk.

They've even designated a TDF 'Hub' on their streaming channel where you can find all of the broadcasts. It's a little more difficult to get their app than some though. My LG TV is a 2019 model I believe and it can't get Peacock. I have to use Xbox for it.