Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Zunow with Colnago ish tubes

Old 05-02-22, 02:17 AM
LeSexyFishorse

Bikes: 93 Zunow Di Picce, Nakagawa, Bridgestone Track bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Zunow with Colnago ish tubes

Hi Guys,

Looking at this Zunow for sale with shimano 600 and araya aero rims. Seems to be unique in that the tubes don't seem to shaped differently, it reminds me of one of the Colnago's that I saw for sale. Does anyone have any info on this model? Looks to have Z-1 marked on the top tube but I have not seen this kind of tubing before. Seller also doenst want to measure the size, what size would you say this bike is? Looks to be 54 maybe 55 to me. How much would you say this bike is worth? Also, does that internal cable routing look factory to you?

Old 05-02-22, 03:13 AM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
First and foremost, it's a Zunow for sale, so I wouldn't expect it to last too long depending on the price. Second of all, it's surely got to be larger than a 54 or 55, I was thinking 58. Everything in the photos checks out to me, but I'm no expert!
Likes For SoccerBallXan:
Old 05-02-22, 05:25 AM
LeSexyFishorse

How much would you value it at?

Last edited by LeSexyFishorse; 05-02-22 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-02-22, 08:06 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
I agree, they tend to go fast because they don't come up for sale very often it seems. I have no idea if that cable routing is original or not, but I did find one example that differs from what is shown in the photos you posted. You can see that this Zunow used the reinforcements that are commonly seen.

This one does not...
Old 05-03-22, 06:48 AM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 2,374 Times in 890 Posts
one has been sitting for a couple of weeks at $750

https://corvallis.craigslist.org/bik...2686.html[

Old 05-03-22, 04:03 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
I’d offer $500. It’s filthy so it needs a good overhaul, cleaning, new grease, some cables and tape. That’s $150-200 in labor and parts, maybe more if you can’t do the work. You may want measure the chain before haggling too, it might need a chain and freewheel too!

cool bike though, groovy tubes

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-04-22, 05:33 AM
LeSexyFishorse

Yeah I had around 700 USD including shipping max as a personal cap. Its sadly looking like it will get closer to 1k which I cant justify given the seller refuses to remove the wheels, saddle or even loosen handlebars for shipping. Its hard to take the risk that there might be a stuck stem/seatpost that will need some major work on top of just the overhaul. He also refuses to measure the seat tube too so I could end up 1k ++ poorer without it even fitting properly . Those tubes seem so rare and cool though for a Japanese builder. Do you know any other Japanese frames that have done something similar? 2 other Zunows popped up at auction today too. Sadly, neither were my size . May might be secretly be Zunow month.
Likes For LeSexyFishorse:
Old 05-05-22, 03:31 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by LeSexyFishorse
Yeah I had around 700 USD including shipping max as a personal cap. Its sadly looking like it will get closer to 1k which I cant justify given the seller refuses to remove the wheels, saddle or even loosen handlebars for shipping. Its hard to take the risk that there might be a stuck stem/seatpost that will need some major work on top of just the overhaul. He also refuses to measure the seat tube too so I could end up 1k ++ poorer without it even fitting properly . Those tubes seem so rare and cool though for a Japanese builder. Do you know any other Japanese frames that have done something similar? 2 other Zunows popped up at auction today too. Sadly, neither were my size . May might be secretly be Zunow month.
How does he expect to ship it? Is the seller one of the storage wars people who don’t know crap about something until they quickly look it up and then decide they’re and expert?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-05-22, 07:07 AM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3860 Post(s)
Liked 6,450 Times in 3,190 Posts
Originally Posted by LeSexyFishorse
Looks to be 54 maybe 55 to me.

Based on the head tube, I agree that it looks smaller than 56.
Old 05-06-22, 05:51 AM
LeSexyFishorse

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
How does he expect to ship it? Is the seller one of the storage wars people who don’t know crap about something until they quickly look it up and then decide they’re and expert?
Yea he has a reseller license so I'm guessing he bought some bulk recycle stuff and that came along with it. Those licensed guys are usually quite good at disassembly requests but occasionally they cant be bothered. He prob expects to ship as is or have the buyer pick it up directly. The Nakagawa I bought recently was the same, he just boxed it up as is without even removing the tires and shipped it. It was... very unpleasant for my wallet.

Originally Posted by SurferRosa
Based on the head tube, I agree that it looks smaller than 56.
Yea I passed on it. It was too much of a risk given I couldnt even verify if it would fit me. The hunt continues .