Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Keep getting dropped

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Keep getting dropped

Old 08-06-22, 03:52 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8259 Post(s)
Liked 8,980 Times in 4,451 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote

PS: Anyone know how to get that nipple shot erased from my memory?
You could try putting bleach in your eyes. If that doesn't work you could always gouge them out. Be a shame if that was the last thing you remember seeing, though.
Likes For big john:
Old 08-06-22, 04:11 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9648 Post(s)
Liked 6,363 Times in 3,503 Posts
Likes For Mojo31:
Old 08-06-22, 04:35 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,485 Times in 7,316 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
PS: Anyone know how to get that nipple shot erased from my memory?
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 08-06-22, 04:39 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,849 Times in 6,066 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Im not trolling im being genuine, the crash was real I have proof

This is me feeling sorry for myself, I had to ride 5 miles to work only to get sent home to treat my wounds (super weird feeling to have a job that cares about you) and I stopped to pick up some sushi on the way so I had to ride 12 miles in this condition
Yeeowch!!

Rode through Woodside today, but didn't encounter any new pavement, apart from that sweet new stuff on Manzanita. That might make going down Manzanita to Sand Hill actually fun, instead of playing dodge 'em with the busted asphalt.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 08-06-22, 04:40 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
I wouldn't want to be associated with any group that was so pathetic as to no be able to drop me!
Likes For Camilo:
Old 08-06-22, 04:41 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,849 Times in 6,066 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Should have dodged it like an unleashed dog. Survival of the fittest, as you say.
It does occur to me that this might be one place where knowing how to bunnyhop would be helpful.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 08-06-22, 04:43 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Hi! What's the thread about??
It's about the dumbest thread since the last one started by you-know-who. But what does that say about me?
Likes For Camilo:
Old 08-06-22, 04:49 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked 485 Times in 350 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
It does occur to me that this might be one place where knowing how to bunnyhop would be helpful.
Yes someone mentioned they bunny hopped it, I didn't even see it (was in the shade)
Old 08-06-22, 04:55 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by Camilo
I wouldn't want to be associated with any group that was so pathetic as to no be able to drop me!
this but unironically. Id rather be outclassed and attempt to keep up than chill with a more relaxed group unless I was riding with friends casually. Riding with faster people is a great way to get fast
Likes For LarrySellerz:
Old 08-06-22, 05:19 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11952 Post(s)
Liked 6,599 Times in 3,465 Posts
Originally Posted by Kai Winters
sigh...so many opportunities to make snarky comments...but bored so moving on...
So glad to hear there are some of us who use common sense. Everybody whines incessantly about Larry, when in reality the best way to get rid of guys like Larry is to ignore them. Don't post in their threads. Don't feed the trolls. They would dry up and wither away without the attention they crave.

But for many that's just no fun. To me the choice is simple, either enjoy the theatre or move on to another thread. Reminds me of the lyrics from and old song: "The first law of nature is self-preservation, if you don't like the program change the station."
Likes For BillyD:
Old 08-06-22, 05:40 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8259 Post(s)
Liked 8,980 Times in 4,451 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
So glad to hear there are some of us who use common sense. Everybody whines incessantly about Larry, when in reality the best way to get rid of guys like Larry is to ignore them. Don't post in their threads. Don't feed the trolls. They would dry up and wither away without the attention they crave.

But for many that's just no fun. To me the choice is simple, either enjoy the theatre or move on to another thread. Reminds me of the lyrics from and old song: "The first law of nature is self-preservation, if you don't like the program change the station."
Larry isn't so bad imho. His attempts at humor are usually self-deprecating, he doesn't insult others as a rule, and he will listen (sometimes) to others. Sure, his threads are trolly, but not mean spirited.
Old 08-06-22, 05:43 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3649 Post(s)
Liked 5,382 Times in 2,732 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
the best way to get rid of guys like Larry is to ignore them. Don't post in their threads. Don't feed the trolls. They would dry up and wither away without the attention they crave.
Makes sense to me. Let's all give it 60 days w/o responding/ taking the bait and see what happens. Worth a try!
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 08-06-22, 06:13 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Hi! What's the thread about??
This thread is about "high",
Old 08-06-22, 07:09 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Originally Posted by big john
Larry isn't so bad imho. His attempts at humor are usually self-deprecating, he doesn't insult others as a rule, and he will listen (sometimes) to others. Sure, his threads are trolly, but not mean spirited.
I can appreciate that, John, I happen to agree. What I tire of is the whining from others . . . the usual crowd . . . who would rather criticize than go somewhere else where their "sensibilities" aren't offended.
Likes For BillyD:
Old 08-06-22, 07:10 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3942 Post(s)
Liked 7,279 Times in 2,940 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellars
This is me feeling sorry for myself, I had to ride 5 miles to work only to get sent home to treat my wounds (super weird feeling to have a job that cares about you) and I stopped to pick up some sushi on the way so I had to ride 12 miles in this condition.

Don't eat dumpster sushi.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 08-06-22, 07:12 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Begs the question: . . .
Indy . . . it's simple AF . . . move on when you find a thread or a poster you don't like. We are not discussing this.

Last edited by BillyD; 08-06-22 at 07:18 PM.
Likes For BillyD:
Old 08-06-22, 07:19 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked 2,299 Times in 1,111 Posts
Begs the question: Why is an acknowledged troll allowed to continue, at least in excess? Seems like the best way to get rid of members like tgat is to ban them. That’s what used to happen. A certain scourge of the Touring forum is one example that comes to mind.
I kind of see your point. But c'mon man. Not Larry. I've been on boards before where there was heavy handed moderation. This Larry character gives a lot of entertainment for some and really doesn't incite name calling, fighting or other negatives other than those that have tried to emulate him recently. As long as the board owner/operator doesn't feel Larry is a waste of bandwidth, disk space or whatever real estate a forum uses I hope he stays.

Likes For Chuck M:
Old 08-07-22, 03:28 AM
koala logs
Banned.

Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
I have same shorts. Had the worst crash on it and had to throw it away due to blood stains. Unlucky shorts.

I had previously removed the mesh liner of that shorts and sewed a tube mesh mask out of it to avoid eating bugs while riding.

Not a good shorts for cycling. The only value it brings is being quick dry but it flaps in the wind and easily gets "saddle stain". I had to sew the sides to give a snug fit not flap in the wind. it worked but lost the Adidas stripes.

Last edited by koala logs; 08-07-22 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-07-22, 03:45 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,485 Times in 7,316 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
I kind of see your point. But c'mon man. Not Larry. I've been on boards before where there was heavy handed moderation. This Larry character gives a lot of entertainment for some and really doesn't incite name calling, fighting or other negatives other than those that have tried to emulate him recently. As long as the board owner/operator doesn't feel Larry is a waste of bandwidth, disk space or whatever real estate a forum uses I hope he stays.
Check out his comments in the Dogs thread in General.
Old 08-07-22, 05:16 AM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked 2,299 Times in 1,111 Posts
Check out his comments in the Dogs thread in General.
Yeah. I guess he can cross some lines. Probably best he and the others not be fed as suggested. Perhaps when they start to starve they will move on.

Likes For Chuck M:
Old 08-07-22, 05:59 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Thank Gawd Larry's picture of road rash is gone, I had crushed two sets of pearl necklaces and used up all my wife's bleach.
Likes For GhostRider62:
Old 08-07-22, 06:06 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Yeeowch!!

Rode through Woodside today, but didn't encounter any new pavement, apart from that sweet new stuff on Manzanita. That might make going down Manzanita to Sand Hill actually fun, instead of playing dodge 'em with the busted asphalt.

Honestly, if someone showed up to a group ride like that, I would ask them to put on a shirt and ask the come dressed appropriately for a group ride. If I found them smoking weed on the side of the road, while on a bike ride, I would ask them not to come back.
Likes For vespasianus:
Old 08-07-22, 06:40 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6934 Post(s)
Liked 10,938 Times in 4,673 Posts
Originally Posted by vespasianus
Honestly, if someone showed up to a group ride like that, I would ask them to put on a shirt and ask the come dressed appropriately for a group ride. If I found them smoking weed on the side of the road, while on a bike ride, I would ask them not to come back.
Or maybe you’d just mercilessly drop him. Which is exactly what keeps happening to Larry.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 08-07-22, 08:57 AM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3942 Post(s)
Liked 7,279 Times in 2,940 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
I had previously removed the mesh liner of that shorts and sewed a tube mesh mask out of it to avoid eating bugs while riding.
So, you basically turned your underwear into a mask. Good idea.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 08-07-22, 11:21 AM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by vespasianus
Weird, we used to have "bicycle safety meetings" where some of us would meet up on deliveries for a weed break. Weed doesn't cause impairment with stoners, and besides that was a different day than the crash. I was stone cold sober at the time of the crash. The takeaway is don't go over your limit, I was trying to bridge back up when I should have just let them go
Likes For LarrySellerz:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.