Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

TdF Femmes

Old 07-31-22, 08:26 PM
gpsblake
Walmart bike rider

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 24 Posts
I think overall, they did pretty well. No Time Trial but as was pointed out by Surak having TT bikes would greatly increase the cost to the teams if they used the specalized bikes but hopefully they can work on getting that in at some point. I don't think increasing team sizes to 7 will do anything but run up the cost for teams at this point. And that final stage climb was brutal, just like it was for the men a few weeks earlier (where some of the men PUSHED their bikes up that last portion). 8 days is fine for now in length. Glad to see good crowds. Having 2 mountain stages at the end was a good call, you don't want this race to be over on a Thursday.

Good job and gave us an extra week of racing to watch.
Old 08-01-22, 06:52 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Liked 2,461 Times in 1,490 Posts
They could do a TT with their existing bikes and equipment. It's possible, after all. Clip on some aero bars, change helmets and go for it. The average fan at home would probably relate better to that anyway.
Old 08-01-22, 06:56 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Liked 2,461 Times in 1,490 Posts
I liked the smaller # of riders per team. The winner couldn't rely on a team to get her to the podium. Eliminate some of those crashes, and 6 per team would be plenty.
Old 08-01-22, 01:12 PM
gpsblake
Walmart bike rider

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
They could do a TT with their existing bikes and equipment. It's possible, after all. Clip on some aero bars, change helmets and go for it. The average fan at home would probably relate better to that anyway.
Good suggestion. They would have to make a rule for that becaue if they didn't, the richer teams would get the equipment and tech needed, poorer teams wouldn't.
Old 08-02-22, 03:45 PM
goose70

Bikes: '19 Cannondale Evo, '12 Guru Flite; '10 CAAD9, Trek MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
I think this tour actually highlighted some problems with the men's tour: stages are often too long (and dull) and there are too many of them. I realize the men's TdF will never change, because the French and traditional are inseparable. But I don't think the women, even if funding allowed, should try to emulate the drawback aspects of the men's tour.
Likes For goose70:
Old 08-08-22, 11:47 AM
HeyItsSara
Meet me at spin class!!!!

Bikes: Precor recumbant indoor bike, Stages bike at Equinox gym

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 53 Posts
Actually, given her level of expertise, I did expect Voss the Bos to wear yellow consistently and win.