Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Where Did You Ride or Walk Today?

Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Where Did You Ride or Walk Today?

Old 12-01-21, 12:53 PM
badrad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ottovaughn
I biked 10km to work through the monsoon rain / flooding that we're experiencing in British Columbia today. Nearly got blown off my bike by the wind but it was worth it to see the looks on my co-workers faces when I rolled up to the office.
Hope you and your family/friends as safe. I'm in Surrey and didn't have it as bad as you in the valley, but the images of the massive flooding and the devastation to much of the livestock were heart wrenching. Whatever we call these extreme climate events, we're in it now and likely the new norm.
In the meantime, my first ride in a couple days but avoiding the ponds that are newly formed since the massive 3rd wave drenching last night.
Old 12-01-21, 03:01 PM
ottovaughn

Bikes: 1983 Nishiki Continental; 2016 Giant Roam 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badrad
Hope you and your family/friends as safe. I'm in Surrey and didn't have it as bad as you in the valley, but the images of the massive flooding and the devastation to much of the livestock were heart wrenching. Whatever we call these extreme climate events, we're in it now and likely the new norm.
In the meantime, my first ride in a couple days but avoiding the ponds that are newly formed since the massive 3rd wave drenching last night.
Thanks dude - we're all safe and sound, not affected by the flooding at our place. Having said that, I'm pretty close to the flooded out spots and the Sumas prairie is one of my absolute favorite places to ride during the summer. I've been known to ride out to Yarrow with the wind thinking "I can ride forever today!" only to realize that it's a windy day and I gotta slog all the way back home into a strong headwind.

Really hope those farms out there are able to recover after this.
Old 12-01-21, 06:53 PM
badrad

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ottovaughn
Thanks dude - we're all safe and sound, not affected by the flooding at our place. Having said that, I'm pretty close to the flooded out spots and the Sumas prairie is one of my absolute favorite places to ride during the summer. I've been known to ride out to Yarrow with the wind thinking "I can ride forever today!" only to realize that it's a windy day and I gotta slog all the way back home into a strong headwind.

Really hope those farms out there are able to recover after this.
We contributed to the Abbotsford Disaster Relief Fund jointly created by ACF, ACOC and UFV (https://abbotsfordcf.org/grants/disaster/), and will continue to support the farmers as they get back on their feet. I've heard the stories of some farmers ruined after losing their entire stocks as they had absolutely no time to evacuate their animals.
Old 12-04-21, 07:22 AM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
We rode over to Manitou Springs, then back to the Alchemy Irish Pub to meet our Son Steven and have their excellent Pfish & Chips for lunch for my wife, JoLynn's 67 birthday meal! A nice but a bit chilly and breezy day but enough sun to sit on the patio outside! Had a nice visit then hauled back to our apt. before the sun goes down and it turns dark and cold!

Old 01-12-22, 07:55 PM
playera

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
First encounter for legal ID Cedula card

Today my plan was riding to the other side of the city for chores. One important one was to pick up my just-released government ID card. Like the social security card, but needed for anything official. I rode through neighborhoods and on busy traffic streets and on city ciclovias. After picking up my migration ID cedula card I rode toward a ciclovia around the old airport. A city rec program had people in a tent with repair stands and promotions for safe cycling in city traffic. To register I had to give my name, email, and cedula number. So, my first use of the card and number was for a cycling event from the city. Medellin, Colombia.
Likes For playera:
Old 01-15-22, 07:57 AM
50PlusCycling

Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 380 Posts
Rode to Shibuya to,take,my daughter to her ballet class, then to Don Quijote in Roppongi to get a USB keyboard to program a robot project I have been working on. But I drove to Okura Hotel for lunch, too many people to carry on the bike, and too cold to walk.
Likes For 50PlusCycling:
Old 01-21-22, 10:40 PM
bjjoondo 

We decided to not use the trikes and utility trailer to get food this week as the roads and trail are still messy from the last snow. We have 2 pull carts so we walked to a close Safeway food store picked up the weeks food and stopped at the hardware store then walked home. We have insulated cold bags with ice inserts for the cold and frozen foods!👍😁🚶

Old 01-26-22, 08:34 PM
bjjoondo 

Walked to the food store for some needed items and also the hardware store today. 3.5 miles Used the utility trailer with my newly acquired used Terra Trike Rover X8 to do the weekly food run on Monday pulled great!🚶🚴👍😁

Last edited by bjjoondo; 01-26-22 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 01-28-22, 11:58 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,493 Times in 496 Posts

Likes For sjanzeir:
Old 02-01-22, 11:02 PM
bjjoondo 

7.41 mile walk as my wife rode to the local recumbent shop for some up grades. I walked up in case they needed to keep her tirke but they got it done so I had to walk back.

Old 02-04-22, 04:18 PM
smellincoffee

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
During lunch I walked down to the bank to deposit my check, then wandered to the riverfront and watched the river (riding high and fast because of storms) for a bit, then stopped by the post office on my way back to pick up a new bicycle rack. Very light, just 40 minutes or so of strolling in the mist.
Likes For smellincoffee:
Old 02-05-22, 09:01 PM
bjjoondo 

Walked as the roads and trails still have a bit of snow and lots of messy water runoff! The trail was slushy and a bit muddy in places. The winds picked up and turned chilly on the way home hopefully we can ride by Tuesday roads should clear up by then!🚶😁

Old 02-09-22, 04:47 AM
zorkist

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Once again today I harvest 30 liters of spring water from the mountain. There are many "raw water fans" in that place. I'm not one of them, I just do it as a physical exercise.

Likes For zorkist:
Old 04-02-22, 07:01 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,493 Times in 496 Posts
Originally Posted by zorkist
😅 For a moment there I honestly thought this was the engine of a Willys Jeep that you're fixing to put in a bike or something! Until I turned up the illumination of my phone's screen and realized what it was that I was looking at, that is
Old 04-24-22, 12:37 AM
GB_aus

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Train

Currently stuck riding the train, which is still quicker than the drive in traffic, but slower than a ride. Yeah my towns a joke with driving.
Old 05-03-22, 09:50 PM
ErinKeegan

Bikes: Triban RC120 Disc

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
I cycled to my job today, about 40 min
Old 05-05-22, 10:10 AM
LonelyFromage

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I do all my regular errands / tours either walking, using public transport or biking. Yay! I hope it stays this way.