Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

I Need Battery for my Blix Vika+ Folding Ebike ...

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 06-07-21, 05:05 PM
vja4Him
GadgetJim57

Bikes: Yuba Sweet Curry eBike, Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Can anyone recommend an after-market battery for my Blix Vika+ Folding Ebike ? Blix does not have any batteries available.
Old 06-07-21, 07:09 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 448 Posts
Check Alibaba, do need to know the specifics about your battery to offer better sources.
Old 06-07-21, 09:37 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Surprised that Blix doesn't have replacements, but maybe they can help locate one. If I had that problem I'd examine the feasibility of having the battery rebuilt.
Old 06-09-21, 07:15 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 189 Posts
Probably wants a spare. Perhaps if he contacts a battery rebuilder, like FTH, they may know what kind of case is used by the Blik, and they may even tell him, although I am dubious about either possibility. A good ebike shop that sells Blik and other brands should also know, but whether they let the info out is also dubious.

In this case, the battery looks like it could be a Hailong type, but the variables include how many volts, how many AH, and whether it's 4 pins or 5 pins in the cradle.
Old 06-09-21, 09:57 AM
2old

DW; how many different battery to controller connectors have you seen? There are completely different ones on my Haibike, my daughter's DIY Dillenger kit and, of course, the XT-60's, XT-90's and bullets on other kits. It seems to me that most different companies producing e-bikes have proprietary systems. Then, there are those with the batteries in the frame tubes.
Old 06-09-21, 01:11 PM
Doc_Wui

Yes, this is really hard to do without lots of pictures and measurements.

Some of those Hailongs use round pins too. Luna has a pack called the Shark, and the Whale. Then you have the Dolphin packs. a design which is at least 8 years old.

You can have Silverfish packs. of different heights. with either 4 or 2 pins, plus they often flip the pin polarity. I recall one poster had two of these. One worked, and one did not. Turned out they did flip polarity, but the battery was well protected. When it was inserted and turned on, the BMS saw the dead short and simply powered off. No drama. No sparks.

Last edited by Doc_Wui; 06-09-21 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-09-21, 01:55 PM
2old

Seems like it behooves the OEM's (major and minor) to have a proprietary system since then customers need to buy extras/replacements from them and they can charge whatever they can get away with. If they don't happen to have extras at any given time, it's no sweat off any part of their body.
Old 06-09-21, 05:40 PM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Do you need a battery immediately? Order one from Blix.
Old 06-09-21, 05:50 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Back in 10 DEC 2020, I ordered two spare batteries for my employee's e-bikes through Alibaba.
48v, 10Ah, $195 each, free shipping, comes with chargers, received on 27 DEC 2020 of placing the order.
The same manufacturer have many other type of e-bike batteries available.
Pretty sure I will order again if I have need for e-bike replacement batteries.
Likes For cat0020:
Old 06-13-21, 11:08 AM
creativepart
Age before beauty

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
I have a Blix Vika +. But no extra battery.

Here's the battery and it's connection type:

Old 06-13-21, 03:43 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Maybe this would fit?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...485644660.html
Old 06-13-21, 10:04 PM
Doc_Wui

It looks like a Hailong battery case to me. You will have to look at your pack to see if it is a 4 pin or 5 pin version. The above alibaba link is for importers. Look at ebay or aliexpress for a single unit. I think it might be hard to find a 4 pin version. Unit Pack Power, one of the large China vendors says they moved away from 4 pins.

You can always ask the vendor to quote a price on a 4 pin pack, and also ask for brand name Samfung or LG cells. The latter will raise the price.
Old 06-14-21, 09:49 PM
speedy25

Bikes: Specialized, Trek, Diamondback, Schwinn, Peugeot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts
A quick tip I found from another Blix. Their spring battery contacts were the cheapest crap I ever encountered. Pry them toward the center of each contact and it might just come back to life.

This solved a battery problem for a customer last year.

-SP
Old 11-02-22, 11:31 AM
gwier3955

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a similar problem I need a new battery for my older 36V Blix Vika Its a tall skinny battery with a 4 pin discharge connector. The dimensions are key to the fit in that it slides in to a small area, approximately 387.5 x 76.2 x 89. When standing on end the ignition key lock is located at the top side, charger port on the opposite top side, and the discharge 4 pin is on the bottom. Blix no longer carries this battery - already tried. Can someone point me in a good direction for sourcing a battery that will work?
Old 11-02-22, 12:30 PM
creativepart
Age before beauty

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by gwier3955
I have a similar problem I need a new battery for my older 36V Blix Vika Its a tall skinny battery with a 4 pin discharge connector. The dimensions are key to the fit in that it slides in to a small area, approximately 387.5 x 76.2 x 89. When standing on end the ignition key lock is located at the top side, charger port on the opposite top side, and the discharge 4 pin is on the bottom. Blix no longer carries this battery - already tried. Can someone point me in a good direction for sourcing a battery that will work?
Batteries are not really all that custom. You might try ebikes.ca (Grin Technologies) they sell all manner of ebike batteries and list several 36v models. Your existing battery should have a sticker on it with all the details of the battery's output and you can then search for a replacement battery with those specs.

Alternatively, you can buy a battery with the correct specs but without the correct cradle and buy a new cradle that works with the new battery. That part is easy... but be aware that the wiring that comes out of the cradle may need to be modified to work with the Blix wiring. It's not a major job, but one to be aware of. You could DIY this or have a local ebike shop do that for little cost.

There are places that rebuild ebike batteries and you may be able to send your battery off to be rebuilt and then you know everything will still work. Here's a link to one:
https://www.fthpower.com/pages/repair-reconditioning

They also sell replacement batteries.

Be aware that shipping an ebike battery can be difficult for an individual due to safety regs - but this isn't difficult at all for a company selling batteries. They are set up for that. So, if you went the repair route you'd have to deal with the shipping regs to send your battery out to be fixed. But if you purchase a new replacement battery it won't be an issue at all.

Also, some local ebike shops will rebuild batteries, too. So, ask around.
Likes For creativepart:
Old 11-02-22, 04:21 PM
2old

E-Bike Marketplace in Las Vegas, NV states on their site that they refurbish Lithium batteries too. As above, be very careful about shipping your battery since if you don't use a HAZMAT broker, the penalty can be severe (I read - somewhere - up to $50K).
Likes For 2old: