Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Benefits Of Riding An E-bike

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Benefits Of Riding An E-bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-22, 01:20 AM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thumbs up Benefits Of Riding An E-bike

Riding an e-bike can not only enjoy the scenery along the way, but also have more free time. In addition, riding an e-bike has many other benefits.

1. Reduce household carbon emissions. If you ride an e-bike to work instead of driving a car, your family's carbon emissions can be reduced by at least six percent.

2. Reduce traffic congestion. E-bikes are small in size, which reduces the probability of congestion. And can reduce commuting time.

3. Help stay healthy. Riding an e-bike allows your body to get exercise, thereby maintaining a healthy state.

4. Reduce space occupation. The parking space for one car is enough to put several e-bikes. If more and more people ride e-bikes, the parking lot area will be greatly reduced.
Likes For AOSTIRMOTOR:
Old 01-11-22, 04:44 PM
Enkidu1

Bikes: Bike Friday New World Tourist

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am building one mainly to give me an excuse to get out more. And I plan on using it to go to the local supermarket when I need to get that one thing I forgot to buy.
Likes For Enkidu1:
Old 01-11-22, 05:25 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
my body does not work right but my e bike lets me ride even when my energy is low. with a regular bike I would be lucky to average 12 miles a hour when feeling crappy. Now I can keep it at 20. when you commute 20 miles a day it makes a difference.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 01-12-22, 06:59 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by Enkidu1
I am building one mainly to give me an excuse to get out more. And I plan on using it to go to the local supermarket when I need to get that one thing I forgot to buy.
Thank you very much for your reply. That's right, buying an e-bike will make you want to exercise more. So, this is a good choice.
Old 01-12-22, 07:05 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
my body does not work right but my e bike lets me ride even when my energy is low. with a regular bike I would be lucky to average 12 miles a hour when feeling crappy. Now I can keep it at 20. when you commute 20 miles a day it makes a difference.
Thank you very much for your reply. E-bikes are always able to maintain your physical strength and allow you to ride farther than regular bikes. Therefore, electric bicycles are a wise choice for you.
Likes For AOSTIRMOTOR:
Old 01-12-22, 09:33 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR
Thank you very much for your reply. E-bikes are always able to maintain your physical strength and allow you to ride farther than regular bikes. Therefore, electric bicycles are a wise choice for you.
I chose a mid drive because one test r
I test rode a hub drive and it was like being back on my electric scooter. so mid drive all the way. I was able to spin without much effort on turbo and rode 8 miles for the first time in 8 years. then did my 20 mile commute the next day. took me 3 months before I could put any effort into it. it has a watt meter so I can see how my energy levels are. since I ride mostly in the city heart rate and speed are not real practical with al the stop and go. even though lately Cant average more then 160 watts I can still ride 250 miles on a good week.
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 01-13-22, 02:49 AM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
I chose a mid drive because one test r
I test rode a hub drive and it was like being back on my electric scooter. so mid drive all the way. I was able to spin without much effort on turbo and rode 8 miles for the first time in 8 years. then did my 20 mile commute the next day. took me 3 months before I could put any effort into it. it has a watt meter so I can see how my energy levels are. since I ride mostly in the city heart rate and speed are not real practical with al the stop and go. even though lately Cant average more then 160 watts I can still ride 250 miles on a good week.
Thank you very much for your reply. Wow, 250 miles is a respectable number in a week.And glad you could share this data with me.
Old 01-14-22, 03:20 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 591 Posts
I'm 54, I've had breathing issues since 2020 after having Covid, and I'm out of shape. I just ordered a Qualisports Dolphin, so I can get some motor assist to start riding again. Unfortunately, I need all the help I can get.
Old 01-14-22, 11:11 PM
surveyor6

Bikes: 1961 Higgins Flightliner

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 70 Posts
I am over 60 and I get knee pain during climbing and acceleration on longer rides.
A good e-bike is cheaper than knee replacement surgery.
Likes For surveyor6: