Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Value on some Shimano Hubs

Old 07-17-21, 06:17 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,766 Times in 1,725 Posts
Value on some Shimano Hubs

So these have just been sitting around for a long time. With the huge downsize of the bike collection I'm now considering my wheel needs and whether or not so sell some parts and stuff off. Anyone got a rough value on these?

Based on everyones expert views about three years ago here's what I think they each are:

Shimano Tricolor 6400 series in very good condition
Dura Ace 7401 7 speed series in almost mint condition
Dura Ace 7700 series, NOS in boxes.

I think I've got another set or two in some boxes I have of full groupsets too. Trying to figure out if I want to sell them or maybe build up some racy and light C.F. Tubulars for one or two of the bikes.
Old 07-17-21, 06:44 AM
Nessism

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 332 Posts
ebay SOLD items are a good way to judge value. Sellers fees cost about 15% so you have to account for that.
Old 07-17-21, 02:09 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 1,460 Posts
Do you have the order wrong? That middle hub set looks like the early Dura Ace Integrated 8

are the 600 hubs Uniglide only? Or are they short lived body that will take both

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-17-21, 02:26 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked 439 Times in 312 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Do you have the order wrong? That middle hub set looks like the early Dura Ace Integrated 8

are the 600 hubs Uniglide only? Or are they short lived body that will take both
You can tell that the Dura Ace hubs in the middle are indeed the 7 speed version since the freehub body is visually shorter. The Integrated 8 ones have a wider freehub body and the non-drive side lock nut is a unique domed one that makes mounting the wider 130mm "8-speed" version easier with 126 mm frames.

To the OP - it would be helpful to know if you have the original quick release skewer and if they are un-damaged. I second what was said about the 6208 hubs - if they are the combo UG/HG freehub type they are more versatile and therefore more desirable since any 8, 9 or 10 speed HG cassette could be run.

For the 7700 hubs, if they are indeed NOS then why not picture them in the box in pristine condition. Be as detailed as possible with describing the drilling pattern. Values are up on current Shimano parts and there seems to be a parallel increase in pricing on obsolete, top quality Shimano parts with some rarity now entering into the value assessment.