Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Cyclocross Racing
Reload this Page >

BCA driving directions from DC

Search
Notices
Cyclocross Racing Discuss pro racing, the big races, and even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-10, 04:28 PM
SpongeDad
Overacting because I can

Bikes: Merlin Agilis, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The destination listed on bikereg isn't perfect (at least in my hands) on my car's gps, mapquest or google maps - you can find the road, but it's not in exactly the right town or you can't find a number address. That just get's my check every box prep out of whack.

I did find the exact address matching the one on bikereg for a place called the Fort Ritchie Community Center, which is right next to Cascade MD and the team hosting the race has other races at this site. Good enough for me.

So for those who are similarly given anxiety by not having everything in place 24 hours before an event, here are the directions I pulled off the website:

14421 Lake Royer Drive
Cascade, MD 21719

From the Washington, D.C. area:

Take Interstate 270 North to Interstate 70 West to Exit 35, Smithsburg/Boonsboro, MD.
Turn right onto Route 66 and travel six miles to Route 64. At the intersection, turn right onto
Route 64 and continue for one mile, then turn right onto Route 491. From this point, drive
seven miles and turn left onto McAfee Hill Road. Turn left at the traffic light and go through
the main gate at Fort Ritchie.

Optional Route from the Washington, D.C. Area:

Take Interstate 270 North to Frederick, MD, where it merges with Route 15 North. Stay on
Route 15 to Route 550 at Thurmont, MD. Turn left on 550 (towards Sabillasville). Route 550
begins a 10-mile climb into the Catoctin Mountains and leads directly into the main gate of
Fort Ritchie.

(If these are somehow incorrect, at least you know I'll be driving around lost too.)

"I am a courageous cyclist." (SpongeDad)

Last edited by SpongeDad; 10-01-10 at 05:34 PM.