Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Fezzari Veyo

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Fezzari Veyo

Old 05-13-23, 09:48 AM
eericparkk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fezzari Veyo

Has anyone ridden or owned a Fezzari Veyo? I'm looking for a new road bike and have decided upon the SuperSix EVO 1/2, Cannondale Aeroad SLX or Fezzari Veyo. I am most interested with the Veyo as its 23-point setup appears to be very rider-oriented.

If anyone has any information on it- I can't seem to find a proper review- please send below. It's a small company so I'm not expecting a whole lot of input, but if so I'm open to hearing reviews of all other bikes listed at the top.

Thanks
Old 05-13-23, 07:34 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4221 Post(s)
Liked 1,318 Times in 914 Posts
This kinda looks like spam.

The “23 point setup” and “very rider-oriented” seem like marketing copy.
Likes For njkayaker:
Old 05-13-23, 08:14 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked 1,612 Times in 764 Posts
I can give you my experience trying to order a Fezzari Empire. According to their 23 point setup, they wanted to sell me a 56cm frame. I had a professional fitting done, and it was determined that I would be better off with a 54cm. I tried to order a 54 (the geometry was almost a perfect match to my fitting numbers) but they refused to sell me one. They would only honor their "try it, if it doesn't fit, return it" policy if I bought the 56cm. I told them it would be stupid to buy a bike only to send it back for a different size, and told them if the 54 didn't fit, I'd go with the 56. Nope, they don't work that way.
Needless to say, they lost the sale. I'm very happy (and comfortable) with my 54cm Scott.
Old 05-14-23, 02:58 AM
eericparkk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
This kinda looks like spam.

The “23 point setup” and “very rider-oriented” seem like marketing copy.
Not spam lol, just cant find anything else to write about other than their setup and price point
Old 05-14-23, 03:02 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4221 Post(s)
Liked 1,318 Times in 914 Posts
Originally Posted by eericparkk
Not spam lol, just cant find anything else to write about other than their setup and price point
Don’t overrate the “23 points” thing.
Old 05-14-23, 03:04 AM
eericparkk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see, sounds very frustrating. How tall are you and what Scott do you ride? Never ridden their road bikes, but their mountain bikes are great.
Old 05-14-23, 05:58 AM
ussprinceton

Bikes: '18 S-Works Tarmac (white letters), '18 S-Works Tarmac (black letters), '22 Allez Elite, '16 Emonda SL, '03 fuel100, '14 adventure3

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 66 Posts
I see, sounds very frustrating. How tall are you and what Scott do you ride? Never ridden their road bikes, but their mountain bikes are great.
same here, never ridden their road bikes. Here is one of their MTBs

Old 05-14-23, 07:00 AM
Bald Paul

5' 10". One of the reasons I began looking for another bike was because I was riding a Fezzari Fore3, in the 56cm size they recommended. Never could get comfortable on that bike, and took it to the pro fitting. That's when I found out it was too big.
Fezzari makes a nice bike, don't get me wrong. Just make sure you know what size you want (study the geometry) and then lie like crazy if you have to on your personal measurements so they will 'recommend' the size you want.
Right now I'm riding a Scott Addict with SRAM 12 speed. The only change I made was the handlebars. I've been riding Whisky bars with a 9 deg flare for years, and just swapped them over from the old bike to the new.
Old 05-14-23, 08:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 3,861 Times in 2,577 Posts
Test ride it and see what you think. If you cannot test ride it then move on. A 23 point yada yada yada is just silly. A brand new bike will come from a shop built and ready to go. They will generally exit tune it install accessories and then generally in the first 30 days or 20 hours of riding you get another tune up/checkover to get the bike back into shape after everything settles. Some shops like mine will also give you a first year free tune up as well.
Old 05-15-23, 07:24 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10897 Post(s)
Liked 7,384 Times in 4,144 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Test ride it and see what you think. If you cannot test ride it then move on. A 23 point yada yada yada is just silly. A brand new bike will come from a shop built and ready to go. They will generally exit tune it install accessories and then generally in the first 30 days or 20 hours of riding you get another tune up/checkover to get the bike back into shape after everything settles. Some shops like mine will also give you a first year free tune up as well.
Have you test ridden every bike you have owned?
Old 05-15-23, 07:50 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3190 Post(s)
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I've read somewhere that a test ride should be a minimum of 2 hours to be useful.
Likes For seypat:
Old 05-15-23, 07:59 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 554 Times in 443 Posts
I have only test ridden one bike that I bought in 1991. I've owned about 15 bikes since then and build them up with the frame of my choice. I also haven't bought a single thing from a LBS since then.

A Fezzari frame might be of interest, but I wouldn't want a prebuilt due to the limited options. The Veyo has a steep STA and the seat post appears to either have zero setback or perhaps a small set forward, so positioning options are limited. Too far forward can place too much weight on your hands.

It doesn't take very long to take the measurements, but I'd insist on the size that I know would work. All I need is the stack, reach and STA.
Old 05-15-23, 10:56 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 997 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveSSS
It doesn't take very long to take the measurements, but I'd insist on the size that I know would work. All I need is the stack, reach and STA.
Unless you're buying a stock complete, then of course it helps to know:
Seatpost setback, stem length, stem angle, handlebar reach, handlebar width
Old 05-15-23, 11:19 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 3,861 Times in 2,577 Posts
That is a fair point but considering minus one bike currently all of my bikes have been built from the frame up that would be a hard proposition but that one bike I did test ride extensively. I also did test ride my Langster before purchase and then the frame cracked and they sent me a new one. The Co-Motion was a semi-custom build (talking frame here).

If I was buying a new fully built bike I would most certainly test ride it especially if I was comparing it to other bikes and very unsure and looking at unimportant stuff to make my decision. Having ridden a lot of different bikes there are certainly differences between similar models from different brands and while they all might come to a point they have enough subtle to not so subtle differences to make the test ride worthwhile.

If you know geometry and are good at figuring all of that out and know the frame shape and parts and all that are going to work for you, then yeah less needed but for situations like this I would go for it. Heck if someone could have built my bikes beforehand and allowed me to test ride before I got them, that would have been great.
Old 05-16-23, 08:27 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 554 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Unless you're buying a stock complete, then of course it helps to know:
Seatpost setback, stem length, stem angle, handlebar reach, handlebar width
That's another reason I don't buy prebuilt bikes. The bars would not be the favorite that I've used for many other bikes.

I bought two Yoeleo R12 frames that came with integrated handlebar/stem and proprietary seat post. I knew the -7 degree stem angle and bar reach. They were very similar to my Easton EC-90 bars in drop and reach. I could select the stem length I wanted. The seat post is a slider style that could have up to a 25mm setback or as little as zero. I'm able with set it up with the clamp centered on the post and the saddle centered on the clamp. It was easy to duplicate the fit of my other bikes.

Last edited by DaveSSS; 05-16-23 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-18-23, 02:03 PM
aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
I can give you my experience trying to order a Fezzari Empire. According to their 23 point setup, they wanted to sell me a 56cm frame. I had a professional fitting done, and it was determined that I would be better off with a 54cm. I tried to order a 54 (the geometry was almost a perfect match to my fitting numbers) but they refused to sell me one. They would only honor their "try it, if it doesn't fit, return it" policy if I bought the 56cm. I told them it would be stupid to buy a bike only to send it back for a different size, and told them if the 54 didn't fit, I'd go with the 56. Nope, they don't work that way.
Needless to say, they lost the sale. I'm very happy (and comfortable) with my 54cm Scott.
Must have been years ago. They don’t do it that way now. You can skip the measurements part and pick whatever size you want. They don’t “make” you take their size recommendations. Nor do they use 56 or 54 for sizing, they use XS, S, M, L, XL.

In addition they even say you may choose whatever size you want. That 23 point thing is extra measurements to get your bike dialed in.

You got a long list of things wrong, you sure you’re not thinking of another direct to consumer online bike seller?

Last edited by aplcr0331; 05-18-23 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-18-23, 03:18 PM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 983 Times in 508 Posts
I don't know much about Fezzari, but I've seen a few of their bikes at group rides and races. A friend of my friend rides one and likes it a lot. Their headquarters and factory are located about 60 miles south of my home.

There is a small town in south-western Utah called Veyo, through which the Kokopelli relay passes just before finishing in St. George. (Kokopelli is a very fun and challenging road race/ride of about 520 miles, usually done with relay teams of four riders.) I like to imagine Fezzari named a model after that town, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, that has about zero value toward answering your question. I thought I'd share it anyway as a little gee-whiz info.
Old 05-18-23, 03:33 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4828 Post(s)
Liked 7,819 Times in 3,704 Posts
This made me stop and think for a moment...Have I EVER test-ridden a bike? It took me a bit. My first MTB ('90) and first good road bike ('97) were the only new, complete bikes I've ever purchased, and they each got a short test-ride up and down the street outside the shop. After that, it was new frames, built from parts. My most-recent 3 bikes were purchased as complete bikes, used, un-ridden, just based on pics and conversations with the sellers. All 3 have been excellent...with some modifications for fit preferences. The more you know about what you're looking at, and what you're looking for, the less of a gamble it is.
Old 05-18-23, 05:01 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8183 Post(s)
Liked 8,839 Times in 4,390 Posts
I've had about 15 bikes and most were assembled from the frame after purchase. My current mountain bike was ordered sight-unseen from a catalog. Never even saw one of any size. It fits better than any mtb I've had.

My Seven, which was custom made for someone else, was one of the bikes I did test ride, and it felt awful. It was so uncomfortable I didn't want to ride it at all, but I knew from the measurements I could make it work. Had it for 11 years now.
Likes For big john:
Old 05-18-23, 06:46 PM
Bald Paul

Originally Posted by aplcr0331
Must have been years ago. They don’t do it that way now. You can skip the measurements part and pick whatever size you want. They don’t “make” you take their size recommendations. Nor do they use 56 or 54 for sizing, they use XS, S, M, L, XL.

In addition they even say you may choose whatever size you want. That 23 point thing is extra measurements to get your bike dialed in.

You got a long list of things wrong, you sure you’re not thinking of another direct to consumer online bike seller?
It was pre-pandemic. And yes, it was Fezzari. I just checked their website and indeed, you can now order whatever size you want. Maybe they realized the error of their ways.
Old 05-23-23, 10:29 AM
MidTNBrad

Bikes: 2016 Cervelo R3 & 1999 Litespeed Tuscany

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts
Check out this video. The creator tests the time it takes to assemble a few direct to consumer bikes, Fezzari included. He says he'll follow up later on some test rides.