Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Park Tool Tw-6.2 not clicking with out tightening?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-22, 09:49 PM
bmeans7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just replaced by bottom bracket for the first time and I wanted to make sure I was careful with the torque value, so I torqued the cups to 35nm and then reset the torque wrench to 40nm and did it again. This time though, the wrench clicked but the cups didn't move. Is this an issue or is this normal. The BB is a shimano BB52 and the wrench is a parktool Park Tool Tw-6.2. The wrench is brand new, I finally broke down and got a nice wrench and I just want to make sure if this is normal. Should I have just set the torque value to 40nm? Should I loosen the BB cups and retighten?
Old 08-10-22, 12:21 AM
jccaclimber

Bikes: n, I would like n+1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 108 Posts
It takes more torque to overcome static friction and get them turning than it does to keep them turning. The fact that they did not move the second time implies you did not rise to the final torque.
Likes For jccaclimber: