Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

HM Santosa Tandem?

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

HM Santosa Tandem?

Old 12-14-21, 12:47 PM
mdennison

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HM Santosa Tandem?

Just came across this bike and grabbed it. In really good shape, decent components, and with a little cleaning it should be quite rideable. However, I can find ZERO information about it: The brand, the model, etc.

It certainly seems to be an Asian knock-off of a Santana. 7005 Aluminum frame, RST front shock/fork, Shimano Deore 24-speeds, and other components from Truevativ, Avid, Tektro, Alex, Ritchey and Extreme Components. I've seen worse.

So what do I have here? Being a collector/wrench, I've owned dozens of different brands but this is the very first one about which I can find no information.
Old 12-14-21, 06:49 PM
headwind15
Bikeable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
I googled Santosa bike. It came up with a smaller bike manufacturer from Taiwan by that name.
Old 12-20-21, 03:46 PM
mdennison

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by headwind15
I googled Santosa bike. It came up with a smaller bike manufacturer from Taiwan by that name.
Yes, that could be the same company, but on this bike, Santosa is printed on the top tube, as if it was a model designation, and HM in large graphics is on the down tube. I am accustomed to that being the location of the manufacturer brand.

I'd send a picture, but I haven't reached the comment threshold on this forum to be allowed to do so.

Would love to find out more about this thing.

Thanks.