Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Another dumb question

Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Another dumb question

Old 04-06-22, 01:31 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I may have to change my tagline. "Life is too short to ride an ugly bike (trike)". The price of the base model Gekko is not significantly higher than the Trident and the theft likelihood depends more on the social dynamics of the area than the actual worth of a particular bike.
Edit:FWIW, me and mine just bought a house with a 30 year mortgage. There's no way ... but they can't stop you. Within reason, get the trike that will make you smile.
Like I said, I already had the 2 wheeler custom made exactly the way I want. I don't need to scratch that itch again. Given my situation I am happy with my choice, but thanks for all the info.
Old 04-14-22, 08:58 AM
rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
Just run the front cross bar up to a pole and use a regular U lock.
Old 04-14-22, 09:14 AM
linberl

Originally Posted by rydabent
Just run the front cross bar up to a pole and use a regular U lock.
Yeah, got it figured out. I bought a bigger u lock (I only had minis) and angle it over the "x" at the cross bar. I've got a cable to run thru the front wheels as well if I feel the need. And I'm using my mini to attach the rear wheel to the frame with a cable thru the seat and rack. All good now.
Old 04-28-22, 02:49 PM
linberl

Okay, here's another dumb question. Do I need to think or do anything differently in caring for my drivetrain/chain compared to my 2 wheelers? The chain is like 4x longer, does that create any special needs? Or can I just use my usual lube/cleaner and methods?
Actually, is there anything about a recumbent trike that requires different treatment (aside from parts which don't exist on my 2 wheelers)?