Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Been riding for a while

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Been riding for a while

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-22, 04:51 PM
Maricopa404
Maricopa404

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Been riding for a while

Hello,
My name is Ken
My first road bike back in 1993 was a Trek, painted in red white and blue. Not too sure of the model. I do remember it had USA written on the seat tube. Probably a team bike of some sort.
I am now 46 years old and ride a 2021 Specialized Tarmac SL7 Full Dura Ace with all the bells and whistles I have ever wanted. 9100 Dura Ace and dual sided Power metered crank arms. Ceramicspeed rear derailleur etc. A long shot from the $30 I spent on that Trek.
To keep the wife happy, I had Calfee Designs in California custom build a carbon fiber frame tandem which we both enjoy riding very much. All in all I am a road biker. Tried mountain biking, (and although I know it can be fun), but it just isn’t for me. I know it’s a fun bike for some, but I just love the feel of a smooth road under my tires.
Old 07-05-22, 06:39 PM
BillRS22

Bikes: Waterford RS22 (2004), PEUGEOT PKN10 (1981), Raleigh Gran Sport (1976), Mercian 1974

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 25 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the Forum, I am a new member myself. I am like you, mostly a road cyclist. But lots older.. Bill
Old 07-05-22, 07:05 PM
Maricopa404
Maricopa404

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BillRS22
Welcome to the Forum, I am a new member myself. I am like you, mostly a road cyclist. But lots older.. Bill
Thanks Bill!!