Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

I'm 100% again!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

I'm 100% again!

Old 05-19-08, 08:31 PM
McDave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm 100% again!

Ebay just wiped off the three retaliatory feedbacks I've received from unscrupulous sellers over the years, and added the 50 or so multiple feedbacks I had received from repeat sellers to my total feedback count. I'm 100% again!

Check yours now!

Last edited by McDave; 05-19-08 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-19-08, 09:00 PM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
Mine jumped as well! 209 now!
Old 05-20-08, 04:44 AM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mine wiped out some positives and therefore accentuated a recent retaliatory negative I got from a seller right before the rules changed... I went from my former 100% feedback I had last week to 97.7% today.

And now, they apparently even removed the mechanism for mutual removal of feedback... which I would do since I finally received the right item after 2 months. (with no messages received, and 5 sent)

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Little Darwin; 05-20-08 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-20-08, 05:27 AM
Ex Pres 
Cat 6

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 183 Times in 118 Posts
I'm up from 260 @ 100% to 296 @ 100%. Better put it to work!
72 Frejus (for sale), Holdsworth Record (for sale), special CNC & Gitane Interclub / 74 Italvega NR (for sale) / c80 French / 82 Raleigh Intl MkII f&f (for sale)/ 83 Trek 620 (for sale)/ 84 Bruce Gordon Chinook (for sale)/ 85 Ron Cooper / 87 Centurion IM MV (for sale) / 03 Casati Dardo / 08 BF IRO / 09 Dogma FPX / 09 Giant TCX0 / 10 Vassago Fisticuff

Old 05-20-08, 05:55 AM
McDave

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Little Darwin
Mine whiped out some positives and therefore accentuated a recent retaliatory negative I got from a seller right before the rules changed... I went from my former 100% feedback I had last week to 97.7% today.
I see they are using the last 12 months to calculate feedback % now. That's why my three negs dropped off and your new single one still counts. If it's any consolation, any positives received in the next 12 months will ramp your percentage up quicker and after a year you'll be 100% again.

Edit after thinking about it some more: The flip side of the coin is if you don't purchase much in the next 12 months, your % will decline even more (since you have a neg) as your old positives drop off the 12 month window. In other words it's an eBay plot to get you to buy more!

Last edited by McDave; 05-20-08 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-20-08, 06:57 AM
CV-6 
If I own it, I ride it

Bikes: Lejeune(14), Raleigh, Raysport, Jan De Reus, Gazelle, Masi, B. Carré(4), Springfield, Greg Lemond, Andre Bertin, Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked 662 Times in 311 Posts
Feedback on the Bay is even more of a joke than before. You can't leave bad feedback for a buyer? Only positive feedback for sellers? Can you say dog and pony show?

Lynn Travers

Photos

Old 05-20-08, 08:23 AM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
My one negative feedback was retaliatory because I left a negative for the seller who sent the wrong item 1 month after I paid, and didn't respond to 5 messages in the next 4 weeks , so I will shed no tears about a seller not having the ability to leave negative feedback against a buyer.

The sellers brought that on themselves when they started the practice of buying feedback with their feedback a couple of years ago... They should have just earned their feedback the old fashioned way, with customer satisfaction... then they would still have negative feedback to use for real bad buyers and deadbeats instead of retaliation for bad feedback.

No loss in my book...

EDIT: I have only sold a couple of dozen times, but I posted positive feedback as soon as I shipped, every time.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-20-08, 09:27 AM
Blue Order

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ah, that explains things...
Old 05-20-08, 10:11 AM
SweetLou

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Little Darwin
My one negative feedback was retaliatory because I left a negative for the seller who sent the wrong item 1 month after I paid, and didn't respond to 5 messages in the next 4 weeks , so I will shed no tears about a seller not having the ability to leave negative feedback against a buyer.

The sellers brought that on themselves when they started the practice of buying feedback with their feedback a couple of years ago... They should have just earned their feedback the old fashioned way, with customer satisfaction... then they would still have negative feedback to use for real bad buyers and deadbeats instead of retaliation for bad feedback.

No loss in my book...

EDIT: I have only sold a couple of dozen times, but I posted positive feedback as soon as I shipped, every time.
I agree. I don't leave negative feedback because I don't want to get a retaliatory neg. I think this causes an artificial higher feedback score for the sellers. Sure, the sellers' scores are going to drop and there will be some bad buyers that leave undeserved negs, but I think this will even out. So, a 97.2 rating won't be bad anymore. We will all need to adjust to determine a good vs. bad score, but I will start leaving neg feedback now for sellers that deserve it.

I don't know if I have been lucky or not, but so far, I would have only left two negatives. The rest of my sellers I believed did fine and they have received their positive feedback.
Old 05-20-08, 10:47 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2412 Post(s)
Liked 4,373 Times in 2,086 Posts
More reason why I refuse to sell on eBay.

EDIT: And what if you haven't sold anything in 12 months with 100% positive feedback? You drop to zero?

EDIT #2: Yep - you sure do: https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Bull$hit!

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 05-20-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-20-08, 08:35 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
I'm at 99% because one guy sent $ to the wrong address for Shimano 600 tri-color FD/RD, and refused to correct it. I never got paid, never sent the item, and got the neg feedback. I hope he falls off his bike and it doesn't get damaged.....
Old 05-20-08, 09:18 PM
geekrunner
Retro Grouch in Waiting

Bikes: 71 American Eagle semi-Pro, 72 Gitane Tour de France, 78 Fuji S10-S, 84 Club Fuji, '02 Gary Fisher Sugar 1,

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I though there was a problem with the Beta. Mine jumped from 603 to 644, but I still have the one negative retaliation when the jerk bought a mountain bike frame from me as a BIN, then didn't pay for two weeks, no response to emails for three more weeks, then tried to get me to come down on the price! He did that to five other people, so I dinged him. He then dinged me, and had the nerve to call me trigger happy

geek
Old 05-21-08, 06:26 PM
McDave

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been reading up on all the changes to feedback they've made. It may actually be a good thing for both sellers and buyers... in the long run.

Click on the link, then "Expand All" to see all the changes and why...
https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html
Old 05-21-08, 06:51 PM
Old Fat Guy
Banned

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by McDave
I've been reading up on all the changes to feedback they've made. It may actually be a good thing for both sellers and buyers... in the long run.

Click on the link, then "Expand All" to see all the changes and why...
https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html
Oh Gee, I guess paying about 18% in fees (counting PayPal) make it a bargain.

Once again I am going to ask for some sort of C&V only 'For Sale' thread. No newbee's no spammers, self policing.
Old 05-21-08, 08:16 PM
McDave

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Old Fat Guy
Oh Gee, I guess paying about 18% in fees (counting PayPal) make it a bargain.

Once again I am going to ask for some sort of C&V only 'For Sale' thread. No newbee's no spammers, self policing.
I hear ya OFG. I really enjoyed the links to your Craigslist ads a couple months ago and secretly wanted the Panasonic. Was that not an acceptable solution? Mods shoot it down or what?