Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

old school cartoon lovers?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-07, 08:47 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts

I know this is off topic but you old school guys will love this! please report to mods if you must
https://media.movies.ign.com/media/03...d_2225713.html
PLEASE let it load! its well worth it!
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 12-18-07, 09:04 AM
VA_Dave
beer disposal technician

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oscar material for sure. Hollywood has been out of ideas for a long time but I can't believe someone greenlighted this one.
Old 12-18-07, 09:09 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Yeah...thats why the post is titled,"old school cartoon lovers?" its cool if you dont like it, but whos looking for a perfect movie made from a cartoon?
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 12-18-07, 10:34 AM
turtle77
break-beats

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wouldn't report this to a mod, but I DO think it would go better in foo...

Cool trailer, btw.
Old 12-18-07, 10:39 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

I think you are correct sir! should I delete it? or leave it as is?
Old 12-18-07, 11:26 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by VA_Dave
Oscar material for sure. Hollywood has been out of ideas for a long time but I can't believe someone greenlighted this one.
What's next, the Tom Terrific Action Adventure movie?
Old 12-18-07, 11:28 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Tom Terrific?
Old 12-18-07, 12:51 PM
VA_Dave
beer disposal technician

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilikebikes
Yeah...thats why the post is titled,"old school cartoon lovers?" its cool if you dont like it, but whos looking for a perfect movie made from a cartoon?
This movie could not have been created for the original fan base, the old school cartoon lovers. It's an abomination, and a scheme to cash in off the MTV-fueled revival in the early 90s. Have we done a Smurfs movie yet?
Old 12-18-07, 01:05 PM
bigbenaugust 
always rides with luggage

Bikes: 2007 Trek SU100, 2009 Fantom CX, 2012 Fantom Cross Uno, Bakfiets

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
It's an abomination, and a scheme to cash in
Don't most movies fall into this category? Endless sequels, remakes, and re-adaptations?
Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014), 2008 Citizen Folder (2015)
Non-Bike hardware: MX Linux / BunsenLabs Linux / Raspbian / Mac OS 10.6 / Android 7
Old 12-18-07, 02:00 PM
ItsJustMe
Señior Member

Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by VA_Dave
This movie could not have been created for the original fan base, the old school cartoon lovers. It's an abomination, and a scheme to cash in off the MTV-fueled revival in the early 90s. Have we done a Smurfs movie yet?
That's all Hollywood knows how to do anymore. They haven't had an original idea in at least a decade. Did you see anything about the Underdog movie? I hope you didn't actually see it. I saw one still and that was enough for me.

Honestly, there are few movies that come out every year that I think are even worth 2 hours of my time, even if they were free admittance. Perhaps one movie a year is worth watching in the theaters, although I limit that to ones that really must be experienced on the huge screen (as opposed to the 100" screen in my basement). The Lord of the Rings trilogy was a whole different thing on the big screen and worth the money.

Some day Hollywood is just going to take a hint from the adult film industry and just do gonzo action films, where there's no plot, they just fight and drive cool cars and shoot weapons and blow stuff up for 90 minutes. Heck, that would be more watchable than a lot of the bilge they pump out.
Old 12-18-07, 02:18 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ilikebikes
Tom Terrific?
Of course! Didn't you ever watch Captain Kangaroo? Tom Terrific with Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog! Created by Gene Deitch, the father of underground comix artist Kim Deitch.

https://www.toontracker.com/terry/terry3.htm

Last edited by Artkansas; 12-18-07 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-18-07, 02:52 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

I remeber the Captain Kangaroo show but not the character? I do remeber my older brother made me watch the Gene London show though, kinda creepy now that I look back at it!
Old 12-18-07, 04:41 PM
VA_Dave
beer disposal technician

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
Did you see anything about the Underdog movie?
That was the first thing that came to mind after watching this trailer. No, I haven't seen the movie and doubt I ever will, and not just because Lee is a Scientologist.

Heard about the G.I. Joe Movie? (May the Gods forgive me for posting a Fox News link)
Old 12-18-07, 04:52 PM
same time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks cool. There's some buzz about the camera they're using to shoot this film (speed racer), the look they're going for is to have everything in focus from foreground to background, like a cartoon. It's either going to be overwhelmingly nauseating, or really cool. Or both.

When you said "old school cartoon", I thought you meant like Screwball Squirrel:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jCn29TTWjrE
Old 12-18-07, 04:57 PM
savethekudzu

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cute, but my bike won't do that
Old 12-18-07, 09:41 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Originally Posted by same time
Looks cool. There's some buzz about the camera they're using to shoot this film (speed racer), the look they're going for is to have everything in focus from foreground to background, like a cartoon. It's either going to be overwhelmingly nauseating, or really cool. Or both.

When you said "old school cartoon", I thought you meant like Screwball Squirrel:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jCn29TTWjrE
or Tobor the 8th Man? Kimba the White Lion? Astro Boy? Prince Planet? The list goes on and on!
Old 12-18-07, 10:51 PM
heywood

Bikes: 2013 Brodie Section 8 , 2014 Easy Motion Neo City e-bike

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by savethekudzu
cute, but my bike won't do that
My bike will! Gotta get yourself a better mechanic.

Go! Go! Speed racer Go!

Hey I like John Goodman!
Old 12-19-07, 06:10 AM
The Figment
The Wheel is Turning

Bikes: '05 Novara (REI) Bonanza

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok,I'm gonna be the first to say it...I'VE GOT TO GO SEE THIS!!!!!
Old 12-19-07, 09:24 AM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Originally Posted by The Figment
Ok,I'm gonna be the first to say it...I'VE GOT TO GO SEE THIS!!!!!
No, No, your the second