Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Specific question: good bike rental near Gordes, France?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-23, 09:03 AM
Daverino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I will be traveling in early June and staying in Gordes, France. My daughter and I are hoping to do rides that include Ventoux and the Gorges de la Nesque. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to rent good quality (non-E) road bikes? Hopefully a place that has someone who speaks English (I'm in the US)-- all the bike stores in the area have websites all in French with no option to translate to English, so I imagine I might need to call directly, since Google Translate isn't perfect. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-14-23, 11:48 AM
RChung
Perceptual Dullard

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked 1,131 Times in 487 Posts
Originally Posted by Daverino
I will be traveling in early June and staying in Gordes, France. My daughter and I are hoping to do rides that include Ventoux and the Gorges de la Nesque. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to rent good quality (non-E) road bikes? Hopefully a place that has someone who speaks English (I'm in the US)-- all the bike stores in the area have websites all in French with no option to translate to English, so I imagine I might need to call directly, since Google Translate isn't perfect. Thanks in advance!
Gordes is gorgeous, but I don't recall whether there's a bike shop in the town itself. Years ago I brought my own bike, but needed a new tube and was able to find other shops in the area. Many of the shops will also rent road bikes but you'd have to call ahead to find out what sizes and availability. Many shops will have someone who knows English, but it can also be helpful to email them ahead of time.
Old 03-16-23, 07:03 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked 711 Times in 365 Posts
Awesome place to ride. Number of shops in Bedoin that do rentals.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.
Old 03-16-23, 07:16 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Liked 1,321 Times in 673 Posts
There is no shortage of premium rental places in that area. Many will even deliver bikes to your hotel. Malaucene also has a few rental shops. The quality and service is excellent.
Old 03-16-23, 07:17 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Liked 1,321 Times in 673 Posts
There is no shortage of premium rental places in that area. Many will even deliver bikes to your hotel. Malaucene also has a few rental shops. The quality and service is excellent.
Old 03-17-23, 03:03 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 638 Posts
Originally Posted by RChung
Gordes is gorgeous, but I don't recall whether there's a bike shop in the town itself. Years ago I brought my own bike, but needed a new tube and was able to find other shops in the area. Many of the shops will also rent road bikes but you'd have to call ahead to find out what sizes and availability. Many shops will have someone who knows English, but it can also be helpful to email them ahead of time.
Bike rental in gordes , you will get a Trek carbon bike with 105 or ultregra with disc brakes but nothing special or exceptional like a Litespeed or a Merlin or some steel high end framed bike.
Old 03-18-23, 09:29 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1815 Post(s)
Liked 1,693 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by georges1
Bike rental in gordes , you will get a Trek carbon bike with 105 or ultregra with disc brakes but nothing special or exceptional like a Litespeed or a Merlin or some steel high end framed bike.
The advantage to that is that you can go to your local Trek dealer and have yourself measured for the correct frame size ahead of time
Old 03-18-23, 09:39 AM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 638 Posts
Originally Posted by alcjphil
The advantage to that is that you can go to your local Trek dealer and have yourself measured for the correct frame size ahead of time
that is true