Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Issues with Speedplay Specific Sidi Genius 6.6 (Any advice would be appreciated)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Issues with Speedplay Specific Sidi Genius 6.6 (Any advice would be appreciated)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-13, 09:44 AM
chrisvu05
Legs of Steel

Bikes: Pegoretti Marcelo, Cannondale six13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've recently purchased a pair of Sidi Genius 6.6 Speedplay specific shoes. They are great shoes but for the life of me I can't get the cleats to stay in the same place during a ride. I've installed the carbon sole protector and the screws are as tight as possible but no matter what, the cleats end up moving a few millimeters during each ride. I'm a bigger guy and have a bit of power. Does anyone have experience with this and getting the cleats to stay in a fixed position?
Old 07-23-13, 07:23 PM
Jay Olson

Bikes: Sarto Asola, Colnago EPS, Specialized Crux Sport E5

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What screws did you use to attach the cleats? I think you are supposed to use slightly longer than standard screws. I use 13mm screws (that I ordered from PBK), but I seem to recall reading something from Competitive Cyclist where they recommended 15mm screws.
Old 07-24-13, 12:16 AM
qqy
▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree with the above. I also recommend a bit of Loctite Blue with the bolts, and don't overtighten them so it jams the C clip.
Old 07-24-13, 09:19 PM
chrisvu05
Legs of Steel

Bikes: Pegoretti Marcelo, Cannondale six13

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used the screws that came with the stainless steel sole protector made for carbon soles. Haven't tried the Loctite though. I'll try that out.