Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Gary Fischer Monona

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-22, 03:45 PM
jimothyjames
:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Gary Fischer Monona

Hey BF.

I like to check with this group first. I’m looking for a bike for myself to ride on light trials and paths. Found a Gary Fischer for $250. Looks to be in great condition and the frame size fits, 17.5”, is what I was looking for. Of course I’ll test ride if I decide to go for it. Since I don’t know much about how much certain/different used bikes go for $, I wanted to ask what others thought.

Old 10-18-22, 08:16 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,760 Times in 634 Posts
Fairly new for the classics section looks to be from 2007-2008 these listed for $500 msrp and often sold for less new. So while in great condition and it should a make a good basic rider for a smaller man or medium size women around 5''5' to 5'8" note it is a bike with women's step through geometry. As Such the price is a bit high in most markets I would say $150 or so is a fair value.
https://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...spx?item=95705
Likes For zukahn1:
Old 10-18-22, 08:20 PM
jimothyjames
:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zukahn1
Fairly new for the classics section looks to be from 2007-2008 these listed for $500 msrp and often sold for less new. So while in great condition and it should a make a good basic rider doe a smaller man or medium size women around 5''5' to 5'8" note it is a bike with women's step through geometry. As Such the price is a bit high in markets I would say $150 or so is a fair value.
https://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...spx?item=95705
Agh you are so right! Definitely not a post for the classic section. I apologize for that. Not sure how to move it to the hybrid thread instead. Anyways, thanks for your input. I’m a 5’8” male so the sizing seems to fit. The seller was able to go down to $250 but I think I’m just an inexperienced bicycle buyer who desperately wants a bicycle before the fall riding season ends! So I’m getting to be impatient when it comes for looking for one for a fair price.
Old 10-18-22, 08:44 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
I disagree about step through. That is not a woman's bike.

Jimothy you have to pound the pavement and get out there and look around. Yardsales, Fleamarkets, Thrift Stores, Friends, Friends parents......

Impatience and not digging ahead of time you could potentially end up with a bike you may not like after owning it.

Maybe $250 doesn't matter?

I have sold quite a few bikes and am always looking for bikes on the fly. ALWAYS. Among a myriad of other things........

You won't find much noodling on here, or the net. Figuratively speaking hit the pavement.

I have an 09' Cobia and that Monona looks like an 08', or 09'. I paid $42 for the Cobia. And I don't really like it that much.

Likes For StarBiker: