Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Noseless Saddle Recommendations?

Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-22, 02:01 PM
Bean27
Old, fat, but not dead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone. It's been ages since I posted, but I find myself in need of some recommendations/knowledge. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 8 years ago and have gone through surgery, radiation, and now anti-testosterone therapy. All of these things are keeping my PSA in check, thankfully. I ride a 13 year old Electra Townie 21 spd 700C, which I really like (I have neck issues and have to ride upright). I ride around 15 miles 3-4 times/wk. In the spring, I had an Artificial Urinary Spincter implanted to help with incontinence after the surgery/radiation. It has been superb and I highly recommend it to anyone that suffers from moderate and worse incontinence. With that implant, I can't use a saddle with a nose/horn because it puts pressure on the AUS and can easily release it, resulting in my peeing on myself. So, I have been looking at various noseless saddles and have narrowed the field down to the ISM Comfort Touring, the Hobson Easyseat, and the Spyderflex saddle.

Does anyone have experience with any of these saddles? The reviews online I have found are all over the place, and I don't know which ones to trust. Thank in advance for any help anyone can provide.