Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

International Shipping to Japan

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Old 10-29-19, 11:16 PM
jellochamploo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello everyone! Long time Fixe rider, first time poster on this forum. Trying to get my hands on a complete fixie shipped here in Japan but with a budget. Ive had a few bikes over the years that I will eventually post pictures of. My question is there any websites that sell completes with international shipping? Dont plan on getting a Purefix, State bicycle (tempted, but will consider options), or 6KU. Was opting to build another Leader 721 but trying to stay within the $300-$600 range this time.

Fixie will be used for mainly commuting to/from work with occasional FGFS, nothing too crazy tho. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: I should add to this to be more in detail in what I'm looking for. I'm 5'4 so I usually ride a 46cm-50cm size. I prefer a threadless headset since I do plan on doing some upgrades, 44t x 16t (if available, but will eventually upgrade), front brake (since its a requirement here in Japan). Still open to any options tho and will most likely have to settle. And before anyone asks, yes there are my LBS but most are over my budget in the Tokyo area.

Last edited by jellochamploo; 10-29-19 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-02-19, 08:20 AM
acir71

Bikes: Mongoose Maurice FS 2011 fixed gear, custom 2017 Haro Master Flatland bmx, Contrast FL475 mid school flatland bmx

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I tried quite a few Japan based online shops; the cost & price is quite standardized. But there is this China based online shop - TaoBao, the price for certain China manufactured items are quite unbelievable but I have to warn you it is quite unorthodox. I end up ordering a few China oem brands, but the resemblance with certain brands are quite unbelievable that it is unfair for the brands themselves.
Old 11-02-19, 11:46 AM
REDMASTA

Bikes: Bare Rum Sword Knuckle Runner

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 64 Posts
that's funny. here we are trying to get all the njs frames and parts from japan, and you being in japan are trying to get a leader. i follow blue lug on instagram, they seem to have a nice selection of bikes why not hit them up.
Old 11-03-19, 11:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4322 Post(s)
Liked 3,943 Times in 2,636 Posts
Someone from Japan trying to order from the U.S. Dude you have Blue Lug, Corsa Corsa, Cherubim, Brotures, WBase and probably a ton of other awesome shops. I would love to spend two days one at Blue Lug and the other at Corsa Corsa and then several more days checking out the many custom builders in Japan. Plus you have a ton of cool shops in the Philippines and in China, and other places in Asia who are much closer to you.

If I were you I would check out my local shops in Japan or if you are not near any of the few I listed above and cannot visit them then check out their websites or call them. Not to mention you have online retailers like Alex's Cycle and a ton of awesome frame builders super skilled in fixed gear and track bikes. Not to mention the Keirin scene where I am sure you can get the NJS frames people fawn over, for quite reasonable prices? though I could be wrong on that because I don't really follow that market closely.

Cheap online brands aren't worth much and when you have such a bounty in your own country it makes them even worse.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 11-11-19, 07:39 PM
ethet 
Catastrophe Merchant

Bikes: Keirin and a Steamroller

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Someone from Japan trying to order from the U.S...
For real. I just weep at the thought of it, I truly do.
Likes For ethet:
Old 12-02-19, 12:27 AM
robsta

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
For that price range I doubt you will find anything like the sort of decent bike you seem to be after in Japan.
Y`s Road have the Fuji Stroll around 60,000 Yen. Second hand from Brotures will get you no complete bike again in that price range. In Kichijoji Brotures there are a few NJS frames from 54,000 yen
Wiggle have this
https://www.wiggle.jp/vitus-six-2019...stCountryId=27

As for importing stuff check out tokyocycle.com
There is a lot of usual info there.

I`ll be at Blue Lug tomorrow. Will have a look and post if I see anything.
Good luck
Old 12-07-19, 01:06 AM
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful

Bikes: Nabiis Alchemy

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Yo. There is no sensible reason to order fixed gear stuff from the US and have it shipped to Japan, especially if budget is a thing. Yahoo Auctions has a ton of bikes/parts/whatever, recycle shops often have stuff, etc etc etc. It might take a little while but you can get what you need without importing and without spending a ton.

Also, Tokyo area people want to meet up?
Old 12-07-19, 02:22 AM
robsta

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Have to agree re second hand probably the best way.
Can be a bit daunting especially if your Japanese not too hot.
However, if you want new I was in Y`s Road, Ikebukuro and they have a Fuji Track ARCV for a bit over 60,000 Yen. I think it is last years model as the 2020 version is closer to 88,000 Yen.

Old 12-07-19, 03:26 AM
DanBell

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Agree with everything that has been said by the other Japan residents already. Especially at your budget. Does that $300-600 include shipping as well? Because a full bike is expensive to ship.

Blue Lug is an awesome shop and really nice guys, but they are a bit pricey. I've never checked out fixed gears there though. Yahoo auctions is the place to buy second hand in Japan. Here's a small Fuji Track ARCV 2018 in your price range (disclaimer: I have no idea if this is a good deal or not). Sold by Cycle Paradise which used to have an actual shop near Kyodo station on the Odakyu line. I went there a few times years ago and it was positively rammed with bikes. There's another used chain called... Cycly, I think. That might be another place to check.

Also, and I may be wrong on this, but I believe you are required to have both front and rear brakes. I know that the bike shops are required to sell them with both brakes, at least.

Edit: I see now that the bike I found is the same bike as the one robsta posted, except his find is new as well as a more recent model year, and about the same price.

Last edited by DanBell; 12-07-19 at 03:32 AM.