Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

New type of bike disrupting the bike industry here

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 06-15-21, 04:34 PM
alo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 185 Posts

In the poorer S E Asian countries, poor people and children have normally ridden bicycles, and those that can afford it have ridden motor bikes. The most common motor bikes here are Japanese, 125cc, and cost over US$2000 new.

Recently electric bikes with small wheels have been coming in from China. They have pedals, which are fairly useless. I have been told they do 30 kph, and have a range of 40 km. Most sell between US$300 and $400.

A lot of people who would have bought motor bikes or bicycles are buying these, particularly when they only want to travel short distances. Of course, those who want to travel at higher speeds and greater distances will still buy motor bikes, and those who want exercise will still buy bicycles.
Old 06-15-21, 04:48 PM
surveyor6

Bikes: 1961 Higgins Flightliner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 70 Posts
Any pics available of the $300-$400 dollar bikes used in Asia? I am curious about the type of battery they use at that price.
Old 06-15-21, 05:22 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
These bikes have been available in China and in wide use for more than a decade. Similar bikes are sold by Best Buy ($550) and others in the USA.
Old 06-15-21, 06:29 PM
FREEBIRD1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 106 Posts
The Costco Jetson Bolt Pro, sometimes they are only $299, I rode one they will hit 15-16 MPH and go about 10-12 miles a charge. Surprisingly they are built pretty good and will get you where you're going.
Old 06-16-21, 06:37 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
For city dwellers with limited storage space or living space, these micro sized e-bikes are good solutions.
Or for a rider who has shorter stature, just want simple option besides walking and carrying items with their hands on shopping trips.
I placed and order on 23 APR 2021 for mine, it was just delivered yesterday.. I still haven't got a chance to open the box.
But here's a picture of the one expected to receive: