Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Should I be in the Tour de France ?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-21, 11:20 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts

not sure whats up with my garmin 1030+ but it will pause and start in the middle of a ride start before I start. this morning before I even moved the bike I averaged 35mph. I have a speed sensor so it seems to be ignoring that. I think I hit 62mph. most of the ride I averaged 42 mph. I just reset it so we will see. everything else seems on the direction and altitude and such. the map is right but the distance should have been 8,2 miles but it came out to 17 miles. looks like it was only off for part of the ride.

Old 12-31-21, 12:48 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked 1,655 Times in 782 Posts
It looks like it's seen better days. It may be time for a replacement.
Old 12-31-21, 01:01 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by Bald Paul
It looks like it's seen better days. It may be time for a replacement.
I hope not its not even 2 years old.
Old 12-31-21, 04:00 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
Yeah, we should go compete in the TdF together. I sometimes feel ridiculously strong when I'm out on a peaceful ride daydreaming. Not sure what to tell you on the speed though. Maybe onetime something or other. But if it is more often and you know you aren't that good, then it might be more is wrong with the unit than just the crack in the screen.

As for your Garmin, call them. Don't email them, call them. It's not even two years old and though the crack is probably not a covered thing, it's close enough to Xmas still that they might surprise you. At the very least ask them about what the flat rate repair is for that unit. It might be inexpensive enough for you to pay that and have a re-furb'd unit without the crack and less potential for future issues.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 12-31-21, 07:06 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by Iride01
Yeah, we should go compete in the TdF together. I sometimes feel ridiculously strong when I'm out on a peaceful ride daydreaming. Not sure what to tell you on the speed though. Maybe onetime something or other. But if it is more often and you know you aren't that good, then it might be more is wrong with the unit than just the crack in the screen.

As for your Garmin, call them. Don't email them, call them. It's not even two years old and though the crack is probably not a covered thing, it's close enough to Xmas still that they might surprise you. At the very least ask them about what the flat rate repair is for that unit. It might be inexpensive enough for you to pay that and have a re-furb'd unit without the crack and less potential for future issues.
ya the crack was when it fell out of my pocket when sitting down. but thats been that way for 1/2 the year. I bought a new glass to cover it so it would not get wet. I reset it and to worked for a short ride but in the middle of the ride home it did it in certain sections.