Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

What size and type?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

What size and type?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-22, 12:12 PM
Nvreloader

Bikes: 2021 Wart Hog 750MD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
What size and type?

I am waiting on my new E Bike to get here, it's a Wart Hog 750MD,
I have looked at all the spec's and cannot find any spec's on the size and type of chain,
this bike uses etc.

Can any info be provided, as to type/size of chain needed,
so I can have a new chain here, along with the new basic tools I have bought for it.

Thanks,
Don
Old 01-21-22, 02:07 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
well a 9 speed so any 9 speed chain. but sometimes you need a longer chain so get a kmc 9 speed chain so maybe buy two https://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Speed...s%2C165&sr=8-6
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 01-22-22, 02:56 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
It says right in the specs of the Wart Hog 750MD that the chain is a KMC E-Bike Professional. 9sp as an earlier poster observed. There you are. I doubt that two would be needed! Only a cargo bike or tandem needs an extra long chain thank goodness. The real decision will be whether to continue using e-bike rated chains once the original wears out, or use 'normal' 9sp chain like the one linked above. That of course depends on how the rider will (ab)use their drivetrain in regular usage.

Someone that is very easy on the acceleration, and rides only in good weather, might be able to use 'normal' chains, but any rider of an e-assist bike should be checking their chain regularly for wear which shows itself as 'stretch' which is easily measured very cheaply with a chain wear indicator.
Likes For Leisesturm:
Old 01-22-22, 03:14 PM
Nvreloader

Bikes: 2021 Wart Hog 750MD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks Guys
This bike will be my hunting/packing out game bike/exploring so I want the most dependable bike/parts possible, as I'll be several miles from the nearest road, I can walk, but I can't pack out the heavy quarters any more.
I will have a single wheel E Bike trailer, once I find the one that looks dependable,
for packing the meat/gear out etc.

Tia,
Don
Old 01-22-22, 03:44 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
when I tested a Shimano regular and e 10 speed chain and the kmc regular chain I only found at most 500 extra miles in the summer. but it is almost double the price so it is not cost effective. I loose 500 miles between summer and winter riding on a chain.