Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Hip Flexor Strain - Advice Appreciated

Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Old 05-10-23, 05:24 AM
Warbird21

Bikes: Salsa Warbird

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 85 Posts

Any advice for a 61 year old with a sore left hip? I was goofing off in the airport, with my wife, running backwards while she was on the tramway. Somehow, I did something to my hip and I'm having difficulty walking without pain, and have been off the bike since last Sunday (incident occurred the previous Thursday evening). The Sunday I got home, I rode 20 miles with some hills, with zero pain riding, but later walking, was a chore. I'm in the restaurant business and on my feet a lot, and this past week has been challenging. I went to the doctor, she offered a Steroid course or a Cortisone shot. I opted for the Steroids (3 weeks). It wasn't much better yesterday, so I had an x-ray completed with thankfully, no issues noted. I read some on-line "therapy" exercises for hip-flexor issues, but after doing some lightly, I was sore all night. I've had ZERO joint issues of any kind to this point, and appreciate any advice from folks who've been down this road.