Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Old 07-23-21, 02:39 PM
Bolo Grubb

Bikes: 1984 Trek 720 with a Nexus hub, 2016 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
I thought the BOA were guaranteed for life. They are replaceable. I had one break and they replaced it for free with a more durable one to boot. But hey, if they were 15 yrs old they probably needed replaced

The Boa system itself is fine. It was where the lace/cable went through the routing attached to the upper of the shoe where it broke. Very clearly a simple wear issue after years of use. I was told the only solution was to replace the shoe. Also seemed like a great excuse to get some new shoes

The Boa dial mech was actually replaced on these shoes, again I think it just wore out but Boa is very good with their warranty.
Old 07-23-21, 03:47 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 479 Times in 277 Posts
Caught my eye when looking for things to use some REI gift card balance on, figured it'll be perfect when riding to the neighborhood microbreweries.

Pearl Izumi Rove shirt
Likes For surak:
Old 07-23-21, 03:56 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 344 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16798 Post(s)
Liked 5,491 Times in 2,853 Posts
Originally Posted by surak View Post
Caught my eye when looking for things to use some REI gift card balance on, figured it'll be perfect when riding to the neighborhood microbreweries.

Pearl Izumi Rove shirt
Does it have rear pockets?
Old 07-23-21, 03:59 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked 479 Times in 277 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
Does it have rear pockets?
Negative. Need a handlebar or bum bag to complete the look.
Likes For surak:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.