Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Zwift Century

Old 01-26-23, 11:11 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4194 Post(s)
Liked 2,911 Times in 1,780 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
I updated Zwift with my morning weight: 170 lbs (which was frustrating since I gained a couple lbs the day before this ride, but on the pancake flat route, a couple extra lbs isn't gonna change much)

And that reminds me, why the #*@% doesn't Zwift sync with Garmin Index scales?!? I had a Fitbit scale many years ago, and my weight on Zwift was always my updated with the most recent weight in on the Fitbit scale. (it's been many months since I last tried to link the Garmin scale and Zwift ... maybe it works now?)
Can you link you Garmin scale with your FitBit account? My withings scale used to connect directly to Zwift, but they broke that funcionality. The work around is to have my Withings scale sync to my FitBit account and have FitBit sync to Zwift as they're the last working source that will send weight data to Zwift.
Old 01-26-23, 11:18 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,011 Times in 518 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Can you link you Garmin scale with your FitBit account? My withings scale used to connect directly to Zwift, but they broke that funcionality. The work around is to have my Withings scale sync to my FitBit account and have FitBit sync to Zwift as they're the last working source that will send weight data to Zwift.
I did that for a minute, linking Garmin to FitBit, and FitBit to Zwift. But the only reason I had a FitBit account was to get my weight updated in Zwift, and in an effort to reduce my digital footprint (security effort), I deleted my FitBit account.

I simply have a hard time understanding how Zwift and Garmin can't get weight to synch ... there's so much other data shared between the two platforms ??? [/rant]
Old 01-26-23, 11:32 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4194 Post(s)
Liked 2,911 Times in 1,780 Posts
I did that for a minute, linking Garmin to FitBit, and FitBit to Zwift. But the only reason I had a FitBit account was to get my weight updated in Zwift, and in an effort to reduce my digital footprint (security effort), I deleted my FitBit account.

I simply have a hard time understanding how Zwift and Garmin can't get weight to synch ... there's so much other data shared between the two platforms ??? [/rant]
I think it's only one way in the other direction for the platform sync. I don't know of any other platform than FitBit that they allow data in from, but I could be wrong.
Likes For himespau:
Old 01-26-23, 12:29 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,011 Times in 518 Posts
Originally Posted by La Tortue
I'm was curious to get an idea of your Zwift category. Now I'm curious why you don't join us on our Vendetta team. It looks like a good fit.
I'm a strong C, or bottom of the B groups in Zwift. My focus is on endurance events, and I haven't seem many long races/rides.

I haven't joined any Zwift teams, so I'm a free agent and could be persuaded to join up ... for the right offer
Old 01-26-23, 02:03 PM
La Tortue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Joining the Vendetta team in the ZRL is an opportunity to experience the pinnacle of virtual racing on Zwift. Time is running out, as there are only three races left before the season ends. If you miss this chance, you'll have to wait until September for the next season to begin. As an endurance rider, you'll fit right in with our Cruzbike team, which includes an overall winner of Race Across America.

Despite our team's quality riders, the Vendettas have been short of riders each week, hindering our overall placement. But, this has not affected the team's esprit de corps. Your skills as a C racer are the missing piece that will upgrade this well-oiled machine and help us achieve our end-of-season goal of catching and moving up in the overall standings. Not only will you help the team, but this is also a great opportunity for you to experience Zwift racing and find out what it's all about. You'll see how adding team communications to the race, via Discord, adds some spice to your indoor workouts. Zwift has turned indoor training into the largest weekly sporting event in the world, with over 20,000 participants showing up each week. Give it a try, and come check it out.
Likes For La Tortue:
Old 01-28-23, 07:38 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4271 Post(s)
Liked 4,706 Times in 2,906 Posts
I'm a strong C, or bottom of the B groups in Zwift. My focus is on endurance events, and I haven't seem many long races/rides.

I haven't joined any Zwift teams, so I'm a free agent and could be persuaded to join up ... for the right offer
Same here, although I'm now barred from C races that are category enforced. B races are seriously tough for me. I'm happy if I can finish in the lead group. I wish there was a category in-between C and B. I think the steps are too wide.
It must be fun riding in a Zwift team, but as I have to fit my training around a hectic home life I would never be able to make a specific regular time.

I've done a couple of epic longer B races. I think the longest I've done took just under 6 hours (around the London hilly course) and only a handful of other riders even finished. I think we went up Box Hill 13 times averaging around 240W in a small group that stuck together for several hours before eventually fragmenting. The time actually zipped by surprisingly fast. Much like doing a real-life Sportive in that respect. On a normal Zwift ride 2 hours is about my natural limit and most rides I do are between 1-1.5 hours.

On Rouvy last year I did a virtual non-stop run at all the 2022 L'Etape du Tour climbs in preparation for the real event. That was a solid 5-hour effort and was surprisingly close to my real-life climbing time on the event. It was extremely useful for pacing the real climbs.
Likes For PeteHski: