Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

His and hers Wilier Trestina Ramatas

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

His and hers Wilier Trestina Ramatas

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-20, 06:20 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts
His and hers Wilier Trestina Ramato’s

Today we received a call from the LBS that the wife’s 85’? Wilier was done being re-assembled from having been shipped from Italy. They also built her a nice set of new clincher wheels using the original Campy hubs on Velo Orange hoops as the tubulars were shot and she didn’t want another set.

As it was purchased it was in near museum quality but unfortunately received a small knick in the seat tube
during shipment. She wanted a second bottle ( these bikes are only tapped for one) so a strap on bottle cage was added which covered the small but offending ding.

Hers is all Campy with lots of panto parts while mine was switched over to Dura Ace which indexes nicely as the Campy is friction.

Pretty certain we are taking them out tomorrow for a cruise !

Correction—— I believe her bike is likely around 79-83 but I’m really not certain. As it still has the brake cable external on the top tube that should make it pre-‘85. Mine is an ‘85 with that cable being internal.

Last edited by Tomm Willians; 11-10-20 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-04-20, 07:26 PM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Those are absolutely gorgeous. They look so super together.

I don't know that much about the brand, but a local shop is a seller of Wilier bikes and they have a new frameset available in this finish.

It's a stunner in person.

Congrats!
Old 11-05-20, 09:17 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomm Willians
Today we received a call from the LBS that the wife’s 85’? Wilier was done being re-assembled from having been shipped from Italy. They also built her a nice set of new clincher wheels using the original Campy hubs on Velo Orange hoops as the tubulars were shot and she didn’t want another set.

As it was purchased it was in near museum quality but unfortunately received a small knick in the seat tube
during shipment. She wanted a second bottle ( these bikes are only tapped for one) so a strap on bottle cage was added which covered the small but offending ding.

Hers is all Campy with lots of panto parts while mine was switched over to Dura Ace which indexes nicely as the Campy is friction.

Pretty certain we are taking them out tomorrow for a cruise !
Just wow!!!
Old 11-05-20, 09:41 AM
Steelman54 

Bikes: Allegro Model 77, Gitane Team Pro SLX, Waterford R2200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 38 Posts
I've considered some nice framesets I've seen on that auction site from Italy. Is that who you dealt with or is there another way. I've considered the risk high which is why i have not pulled the trigger. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 11-05-20, 09:48 AM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Steelman54
I've considered some nice framesets I've seen on that auction site from Italy. Is that who you dealt with or is there another way. I've considered the risk high which is why i have not pulled the trigger. Any thoughts are appreciated.
She dealt with a private owner who communicated well with her. We felt the risk was minimized by PayPal and eBay policies but of course not a sure thing. It really is a shame about the small knick as it was obvious the seller did a more than reasonable job of packing. That’s simply a long way to travel and not have something happen but she’s still thrilled.

Last edited by Tomm Willians; 11-05-20 at 10:43 AM.
Likes For Tomm Willians:
Old 11-05-20, 10:40 AM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaña pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked 720 Times in 395 Posts
Cromovelato is great.
Likes For Reynolds:
Old 11-09-20, 08:10 AM
Steelman54 

Bikes: Allegro Model 77, Gitane Team Pro SLX, Waterford R2200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 38 Posts
Either way, really sweet bikes.
Likes For Steelman54:
Old 11-09-20, 09:49 AM
Charliekeet

Bikes: S-Works Stumpjumper HT Disc, Fuji Absolute, Kona Jake the Snake, '85 Cannondale SR900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Pure class.
Likes For Charliekeet:
Old 11-09-20, 08:25 PM
shuru421

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 20 Posts
I had a his/hers Univega. This is another level of awesome.