Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Anyone order from Bicyclehero ?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 08-26-22, 07:21 AM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 212 Posts

Bicyclehero has come up in a search several times while looking for a stem. The site is written by someone whose first language is not english. Anyone successfully order from this place before?

Old 08-26-22, 09:02 AM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 225 Posts
Had not heard of that site
South Korean company with a US warehouse, it would appear
Old 08-26-22, 11:42 AM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked 1,490 Times in 543 Posts
They show their U.S. warehouse as being at 17806 Main St. in Carson but if you look up that address on google maps it is in Gardena and has a different zip code than they are showing.

There are so many well-known reputable on-line sellers. The only reason to consider an unknown company is if they are offering a really cheap price and that to me is a big red flag that either the company is not legit and will steal your money, or the product is not legit and you're getting junk. I'm sure there are some exceptions but why take the risk to save a few bucks?
Old 08-26-22, 12:46 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked 1,161 Times in 671 Posts
BicycleHero

Last time I used bicyclehero was for a Very elusive & discontinued Shimano Bolt (y6au98090) in 2012.
Everything went very well at that time.

So the Name has been around a while!

Barry

Last edited by Barry2; 08-26-22 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-27-22, 11:14 AM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

Hello, thank you for all of your input on the subject. I was able to locate the same stem (in stock, apparently) via two other German online outlets and have a pricematching conversation initiated between the two (one charges almost double the postage of the other... hmmm). I had asked two Stateside sellers (one on OiVey at BIN auction) and the other an Arizona folding bike shop if they'd post a Velo Orange Happy Stem up here but received no response. All this for a stem. Reminder to self; in the next life, try being shorter.
Old 08-29-22, 09:35 AM
brianinc-ville

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Yes, I've ordered from Bicycle Hero. The item took months to arrive, but it did arrive. No real complaints, except that it was difficult to get any customer service during the months I was waiting.
Old 08-30-22, 08:22 PM
prairiepedaler
Banned.

By the sounds of things Hero isn't a shady outfit, but one that isn't streamlined very well. If they had a screaming deal on something and it wasn't needed for a few months, then they would probably do. It would be just like the old days of waiting for stuff to arrive from overseas. No problem with delaying the gratification if neccessaey. I have found the part I wanted at another German online retailer who is one I've ordered from before and plan on ordering it by Wednesday. It certainly won't take months of arrival time using them.