Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Charles Eugster

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Charles Eugster

Old 05-29-23, 10:12 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3743 Post(s)
Liked 1,018 Times in 768 Posts
Charles Eugster

Unfortunately he is no longer with us, but he left an indelible mark as an example of fitness as we age. In his earlier life he put his career as top priority, but he soon began to realize the importance of physical fitness. He started weight training at 87, when he noticed that despite the fact that he was rowing 6x per week his body was deteriorating.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/les...dybuilder.html

WHY DID YOU START BODYBUILDING AT AGE 87?

From the age of about 50, people lose about 1-2 percent of their muscle mass every year! With the loss of muscle mass, they lose muscle strength, and they lose muscle power. That was happening to me. The idea of me joining a bodybuilding club was to try to regain those qualities.
Old 05-29-23, 01:05 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3873 Post(s)
Liked 1,920 Times in 1,369 Posts
People come up to me in the gym and ask "How old are you?" Because I can squat a decent weight at 77, etc. So that's all true. I think his emphasis on sprinting is individual, though HIIT is a common thing for everyone who's not had it forbidden by their cardiologist. Gym is definitely key for older athletes.